14: Chapter fourteen

A:N/ This should be a good one...

________________________________________________________________________________

     Angela ran up behind me after the ceremony. "Jesssssssssssssssssieeeeee!" She screeched. "Are you going to the Cullen's party? 'Cause that would be so awesome if you were. But, it's cool if you aren't, we could always hang at my place. But I was invited, and I've never even seen their house..."

She continued to ramble on like that for a few mintues before I stopped her.

"yes Angela. I will be at the Cullen's. With Jacob."

Her eyes widened, and her face broke into a wide grin. "Yay! I've been looking forward to meeting this mysterious boyfriend of yours." She wiggled her eyebrows, and I laughed.

I told Angela bye, and that I'd see her later, then I started towards Bella's truck.

Jacob hadn't been able to come after all. I was a bit surprised that he hadn't, but I understood. He was apart of something much bigger than any high school graduation.

Bella was waiting at her truck when I shuffled over. "Jessie, I'm sorry." She said, looking at me with genuinely said eyes. I shrugged, sniffling a little in spite of myself. "S'okay. He has a big job." She nodded, pulling me into a light hug anyway. She knew how it felt to have a boyfriend with other obligations.

"I hate it when Edward goes away." She stated simply once we were in the cab of her truck, barreling down the highway. She pushed a strand of chocolate hair behind her ear, and looked over at me. I gave her questioning eyes.

"When he feeds." She clarified quietly. We remained silent for the rest of the ride.

______________________________________________________________________________

The Cullen's house was packed. I'd never even seen half of these people in my life, but they seemed to know me. "Hey Jess!"Yooo, Jesssayyy!" "Jessssssssie!" I heard from all around. My mind whirled, until I felt a hand on my arm.

A warm hand.

I turned to face my Jacob, looking as handsome as ever. New worry lines creased his face, making me frown slightly, but he smiled then.

"Don't look so sad baby." He yelled over the music. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Where the heck have you been, handsome?" I asked slyly, bringing him closer. He grinned and looked into my eyes. "I miss you." He yelled back.

I brought my lips to his, loving every minute of this attention. He moved his hands to the small of my back, pulling me against his chest.

"Um, enough PDA!" Someone shouted behind us. I let go of Jacob briefly, to see Paul standing there with a smirk on his face. Jacob turned and yelled back, "Just because your girl isn't here for you to make out with doesn't mean I can't make out with mine."

He grimaced and I chuckled a little. Paul had imprinted on a toddler, according to Jacob. He would never do such a thing, but he still loved her unconditionally.

Jacob tightened his grip around my waist when we noticed Cullen was approaching. I'm still not gonna call him Edward.

"Hello Jacob." Cullen said shortly, his tone icy. Jacob nodded, and they glared for a while. I decided to break the awkward, slightly hostile, silence. "Where's Bella?" I asked politely. Jacob looked down at me and kissed my forehead. Bella appeared then, Alice at her side.

"Edward," She started frantically, but Alice cut her off. "They're coming here." She nearly whispered. And though the music drowned the words out, I read her lips. A cold shiver trickled down my spine, creating goose bumps on my arms. Jacob wrapped his arms around me protectively.