04: Bella leaves

I fell in love with the Rez. It was so peaceful, and the best part was getting to share that peace with Jacob. I know that sounds cheesy, and romantic, but it's true. And I like Jacob as a friend.

Anyways, It was nearing the end of the school year. I couldn't believe that after the summer, I was going to be a senior.

I was reading one of my favorite books, Great Expectations, When the phone rang.

I got up from my bed. Who would be calling at 9:00 at night?

"Hello?"

"Hey Jessie. It's Charlie."

Charlie? What did he want? "Hey Charlie. What's up?"

He sounded worried. "It's Bella. She left."

My heart dropped. Left? What did he mean left?

"She just burst in, said she hated Forks, and left." He said. I must've said what I was thinking out loud.

Then I hung up. I know that was rude, but I was going over there. So I'd explain why.

But first, I went to the Rez.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Jacob!" I shouted when I parked the truck. No response. "JACOB!!!" I tried again. He appeared in the door of his house. I ran up to him, grabbed his arm, and dragged him to the truck.

"What the heck, Jessie!" He shouted, but I dragged him anyway. I was sure he was letting me, there was no way I could've dragged him had he been resisting.

We reached the truck. "Just get inside, Jacob. It's important."

He hesitated, but I gave him a look.

I was hoping my look said "Please. It's more important than you know." And I guess it did. 'Cause he got in the truck.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I filled him in on the details. He shivered when I told him it was probably because of Edward. "I hate that guy." He said.

"Jealous?" I asked, no teasing at all in my tone. It was a sincere question.

He sighed. "It's so much more than that."

I dropped the subject, and we drove on in awkward silence. Then he took my hand.

"She's gonna be okay Jessie. She may be clumsy, but she can take care of herself." Jacob whispered. I nodded and squeezed his hand

We made it to Charlie's in about 10 minutes. We burst through the door withought knocking. He sighed in relief when he saw us.

"Thank God." was all he could say. I hugged him, and Jacob patted his shoulder.

_____________________________________________________________________________

About an hour later, we recieved a call from Edward. Apparently, Bella had fallen down some stairs, breaking her leg, then fallen through a window. Charlie bought it, but I wasn't having any of it. Something else had happened.

And I was going to find out what.