13: Chapter thirteen

A/N: I kinda just skipped the party at the rez, cause I started this before I checked my Events Notebook, so I didn't know the party came before. If you're reading this story, you probably know the legends anyway, so no need to get into that! Anyways...Hoping to finish this soon, so I can move on. I can't predict how many more chapters...but It'll be at least ten I'm thinking. Enjoy!  

 My eyes filled with tears as I looked at myself in my bathroom mirror. My hair was straightened, flowing down my back. It was getting long. My black dress was plain, but I felt more beautiful than I ever had. I pulled the bright yellow Forks High robe on over the silky fabric, and adjusted my tasseled cap on my head.

"Hurry up Jess!" I heard my dad call from somewhere downstairs. I blew a kiss to my mirror. For good luck. I was leaving my room as a student, and coming back an adult.

The ride to the school was quiet, and I was glad when we pulled into the parking lot. I was sure dad was on the verge of tears, as I was, and I wasn't gonna let either of us cry.

We made our way to the gym, where I was immediately ambushed by Jessica. I gave dad an awkward little grin, so he nodded and went to find a seat.

"Oh my gosh Jessie, what if my speech sucks?! I mean, the crowd could like, boo me! Or worse, they could throw stuff at me! How awful would that be?!?!" I put my hands on her bony shoulders.

"Jessica. Deep. Breathes." She nodded, and she huffed in and out. "Thanks Jess!" She grinned before she was off again.

I found my place in line, right behind Eric.

"Hey Jess. So, I heard you've got a boyfriend now...I'll have to have a chat with this guy.." He said, puffing out his chest for effect. It had little.

"No no Eric. That won't be necessary. He's a great guy, Queliute Indidan."

His nostrils flared, and I shrugged. "Well, I better not hear that he hurt you...or worse..." Eric replied, as his eyes trailed down to look at my stomach. He really thought Jacob Black would get me pregnant? Oh Eric. I laughed at him, replying with another shrug, "No need to worry Eric. We're both pretty old fashioned." When the concerned look didn't leave his face, I chuckled and turned him around to face the stage, where the graduation was beginning.

Angela's speech was pretty amazing, and she got a standing ovation. I wasn't paying much attention. My mind was stuck on Jacob. I was hoping he'd show up, but with the newborns situation growing in Seattle, I wasn't really sure of anything anymore.

_______________________________________________________________________________

A:N/ Yeah, that ws really short. But I have some really exciting twists coming up, so this is really just a filler chapter. Show me your love please, I'm losing my inspiration. xD