01: New in Town

A/N: I do not own  any part of The Twilight Saga, I only own my made up characters. All other credit goes to Stephanie Meyer for her excellent work on one of the best selling book sereis' of all time. Enjoy (:

_____________________________________________________________________________

It was a cold day. Not unusual in the town of Forks, Washington. I wrapped my coat tighter around my frigid body, and continued towards the front doors of Forks High School.

I had grown up in forks, with my dad and my mom. But, when my mom was killed by some unknown creature, dad decided it'd be better for me to be away from all those sad memories. So, we lived in Northern California for a while. It wasn't as cold as Forks, but it wasn't the warm sunny Cali you're probably picturing in your head.

So here I was. Walking through the halls of an unfamiliar high school, hoping some of my old friends remembered me.

The Main Office was right around the corner, and I found it with ease. I got my schedule from the lovely receptionist, and turned to go back to the hall. Then I saw my old friend Jessica.

"Jessica?" I called to her. She turned and gave me a questioning look, before realizing who I was. "OH MY GOSH! JESSIE!" She practically screamed. She ran and engulfed me in a bear hug. "It's great to see you!" I said, my voice muffled by her curly brown hair. She pulled back and smiled. "What are you doing here?!" She screeched. I grinned and started into the whole story while we walked to first period. We then reached my first period class. She was gushing already.

 "Oh my gosh, okay I'll see you at lunch! You have to see Mike again! And you remember Angela right? What about Eric? Okay, See you! Have fun in class!" She finally walked off, and I breathed a sigh of relief. Jessica was wonderful, but I was officially exhausted.

I entered the door of biology. I saw Mike Newton sitting towards the back. I waved and his eyes went wide. "Hey Jessie!" He yelled, and the teacher cleared his throat. Mike blushed, and looked down at his notebook.

"Well, It looks like we have two new students today! How exciting!" Our teacher said to me, and a girl I'd never seen before at his desk. She was pale. She fit right in with the Forks crowd. But there was something different about her...that I just couldn't figure out. She smiled at me, and I smiled back. We were both new, so I hoped we'd become friends.

"Mrs. Swan and Mrs. Carter. Please take any available seat." I nodded, and made my way to the back, letting the other girl take a seat near the front. Which might've been a mistake, because the boy sitting there looked appalled at her. Almost disgusted! It was a bit odd, but I shrugged it off. Who was I to judge?

The rest of the class passed uneventfully, as well as the next two periods. I was starving, so I found Jessica and we headed to lunch.

We sat with all my old friends...plus the new girl. She was very quiet, and all the guys seemed infatuated with her. Tyler came up and kissed her on the cheek. I felt bad for her. "So, Jessie, have you met Bella?" Jessica asked. I shook my head no and held out my hand for her. She smiled and shook.

We talked about anything and everything for the next ten minutes, talking about my life, about Bella's, and some about Mike's. He was still his self centered self. I was so happy.

Then Bella froze. "Who are they?" She inquired. It was one of the only things she's said so far. Angela grimaced. "Oh. They're the Cullens." She went on to explain their weird habbits and what not. I wasn't very interested. But Bella sure was. Especially with the one called...Edwin...or maybe it was Eduardo? "Yeah, don't waste your time. Edward doesn't think anyone here is good enough for him..." Jessica scowled after saying that. Sorry, the one called Edward. I'm not very good at paying attention.

A small smie danced on Edward's lips after Jessica said that. Hmmm, weird.

After school, I drove back home in dad's old CRV. I really needed a car. He greeted me and said we were going to the Reservation. I remembered going to the reservation when I was little and visiting dad's friend Harry Clearwater. I was a bit excited to see somthing familiar to me.

The reservation hadn't changed much. Harry's little house was exactly the same, and it hurt my heart when I thought about Mom grabbing my hand and leading me to the house so many years ago. I grimaced, and dad put his arm around my shoulder.

Harry was the same too. A big fisherman, still. But Leah and Seth sure had changed!

Leah wore a constant scowl, her short hair covering her face. She wore no makeup, and barely talked while we were there. Seth was the exact opposite! He remebered pretty much every detail of all of my visits, even though we were only seven or eight at the time. He'd grown into such a handsome guy! And the only bad part was; he knew he was handsome.

"So, any guys bothering you over at Forks High?" He'd asked. I raised and eyebrow. "....No Seth..." He nodded and folded his arms over his chest. "Well, lemme know if any do. I'll take care of it."

I tried very hard not to laugh, biting the inside of my cheek. I just shook my head okay, and he dropped the subject.

Later, in the car, I laughed so hard I thought dad was gonna take me to the hospital. Then I told him the story, and he laughed equally as hard. It was starting to be a great week in Forks.

I just hoped it would last...