12. But Baby I Could Make You Feel So Good

Patrick Stump locked up his practice room after working on a new song. He was about to go straight back to his room when he noticed a familiar figure staring inside the window of one of the other practice rooms. He noticed the person's trademark curly brown hair and toned arms. Vic Fuentes stood outside the newly formed 'Sleeping With Siren's' practice room, where he was watching them perform from outside the studio room glass.

Patrick walked beside him, as stealthy as a sly fox, as silent as a mute mouse, and noticed the way that Vic's eyes twinkled as he watched the frontman of the band, Kellin, perform. Vic was mesmerised, the way his eyes were widened in admiration, how his lips were parted softly in awe. Vic didn't even notice the shorter boy beside him until he spoke.

"Just ask him out already." Patrick told him.

Vic nearly jumped, surprised to find someone beside him.

"What are you talking about you little shit." Vic replied defensively, trying to mask up his emotions.

Patrick rolled his eyes and said, "Just go for it. You've got nothing to lose, you'll always be king of the school."

As Patrick turned to walk away, Vic grabbed the sleeve of his hoodie. "How do you..." Vic began.

"He's a tough yet fragile kid. You better treat him good." Patrick told him, shrugging himself out of Vic's nervous grip and quickly walking away.

Vic was left all alone and for the first time he was left dumbfounded at someone else's words.

-

I said goodbye to the guys after our first practice session together. Word spread even before we practiced and half the school new about our new band. We were called 'Sleeping With Sirens'. It sounded good and I enjoyed the kinky ambiguousness that the name contained. At first I was nervous to sing in front of strangers, but after seeing that they were genuinely nice guys, it didn't really concern me afterwards. I gotta admit, we sounded good together. Brandon McMaster was lead guitar, Justin was on bass, Gabe Barham was on drums, Jesse Lawson was on rhythm and I was the singer.

I left the room and made my way out of the practice room hall. I made my way to the public phones near the office - I needed to call my doctor. I was really worried about my dreams now. I thought the pills were working, but I guess they just weren't. My dream a few nights ago was so horrible that Vic had to comfort me. I was so embarrassed. I managed to miraculously avoid him somehow for the last few days.

I dialled the doctors number and he picked up on the second ring.

"Hello, it's Doctor Pritchett."

"Oh, hi, it's Kellin Quinn." I stammered, surprised that he picked up so quickly.

"Ah Kellin. How are you?" 

"Good." I replied. "I just called because I'm not sure if the pills are working."

There was a pause on the other end and I could visually imagine the doctor frowning.

"What do you mean?"

I told him  about my frightening dreams and how they still seemed to occur even though I had taken my medication.

"Well Kellin, I'm sorry to hear this. There really is nothing I can do. I want you to continue taking the pills daily as usual. However if the dreams occur again, just ring me straight away and I'll send you a stronger dose."

"Oh, okay." I mumbled back.

"I really do hope to hear from you soon."

I hushed my voice as I noticed some other students passing by me on their way to the office. "Is there something wrong with me?"