20. The Coming Of The Apocalypse

TRIGGER: SHOOTINGS

-

I've never seen my boyfriend so distraught before. Ever since we found out that Justin died, he has been at his dad's office trying to help out. Things aren't going very well for the school and the Fuentes name. The press has been crazy, trying to get a full understanding of what caused this boy's death. It's hard not to see the press, they crowd outside the school every morning and yell so loudly that they seem more like seagulls than the professional representatives that they are meant to be.

"Babe." I heard Vic say. I dug my head into my pillow, not wanting to get up. I felt his warm hand on my back and I turned to look at him.

"I'm going to see my dad." he told me and I nodded. He leaned down to kiss me and I gave him an encouraging smile. I couldn't get back to sleep so I reluctantly got dressed. Thankfully it was the weekend. Last night was okay, I guess. I did have a nightmare, which I still currently have every night, but it wasn't too bad. I woke up in the middle of the night covered in sweat, my breathing shaky and panicked.

I left my room and headed to the second floor of the classroom buildings where I could get a good view of he reporters. There was no one else watching them when I got there, and I watched the press act like mice, squeaking away with rumours. I wondered how Vic's dad would put up with this all. The sound of the door opening to my left made me look up. I smiled at my innocent friend in his black fedora.

"Where's your boyfriend?" Patrick asked me.

"With his dad." I replied absentmindedly. I had realised that everybody knew that Vic was the principal's son which was obviously why he never got into trouble for any of the shit he caused.

"Sorry to ask. It's just that you guys are always together." he blabbered shyly.

I laughed, "It's okay Pat."

He looked at me and smiled. "You know, we haven't really hung out much lately."

"I know, I'm sorry." I replied.

"Don't apologise. It's not your fault." Patrick said. "Are you okay?" Was I really okay? I wasn't, I knew that I wasn't.

"No." I told him quietly. He doesn't know about my dreams or my hallucinations, he doesn't know about my fucked up ways.

"Well, what's up?" he asked me.

I looked up into his caring eyes. And then it changed. I was staring into something cold and putrid, it's soul as horrifying as it's nature. It opened it's mouth to speak, and the slurred words that I heard were anything but comprehensible. I opened my mouth to mutter out a choked cry, but I couldn't do anything but stand there. I saw it's coloured fangs, blood seeping from the tips. What did he do to Patrick? The creature took a step towards me and realisation hit. I ran for the door as the creature yelled something, and I swear it was laughing at me.

-

I stopped running and hoped that my heartbeat would return back to normal. Everything was just surreal. School is ending soon, and that's the only plus I can think of. I just need to get away from here, from everything. It was too much, my breathing turned into muffled sobs and I had no leash on my emotions. I hated my life sometimes, I really did. All my life I have been really happy and optimistic, but nowadays it was hard to feel happy. I feel as if there's a dark cloud hovering above me, willing to collapse at any moment to drench me in it's sour contents. I struggle to get up in the morning knowing that I'll see something that isn't there or that I'll have another break down. Why did this have to happen to me?

"I thought you'd be here." Vic said as he entered the room. I laid on my bed and stared blankly ahead of me, shaken by the past events. "Babe." he said again loudly.