16. It's Time To Raise The Flag Pole

All I heard was yelling and the excited cries of a crowd. I wasn't surprised to hear Jaime's taunting voice, his words harsh and demeaning. I closed my locker door and headed towards my class; the same class in which I had to pass Vic and his bullying friends to get there.

As I walked towards the crowd, I could see Jaime and Tony pushing around some new kid. My eyes scanned for Vic and I saw him leaning back against the lockers, smirking as he watched the scene. The new kid, who seemed to be a senior as well, had his books sprawled across the floor. He didn't respond as he was barraged by jeers and looks from everyone watching. I stopped for a second to watch what was happening and felt someone push me forwards, towards the actual scene.

The person that pushed me forwards stepped in front of me and walked towards Vic. Vic saw us both, and frowned as Tay, the pusher, began to talk to him. Amidst all the commotion, I watched them talk and it was evident that they were squabbling. Vic had on this really pissed face and Tay just looked bitchy as always. All of a sudden Tay's hand moved towards his cheek with a deafening slap. The hallway was suddenly quiet.

Instead of cowering in embarrassment, Vic seemed unusually calm. "Watch this." he said to Tay, and everyone in the hallway watched on. Vic met my eyes and motioned for me to come towards him. I froze. No. Soon enough, all eyes were on me as Vic grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him.

"What are you doing?" I hissed quietly, but sure enough Tay heard and smirked at me.

"Just trust me." he replied with a smile as he kissed me. I was stiff a bit as I knew that so many people were watching. I loosened up as I felt his warm lips on mine. I kissed him back and we then pulled away at the same time. He smiled at me, a hungry look in his eyes that said we'll finish this later. The whole student body was silent in shock. Tony and Jaime looked at each other like this was just the norm. Tay looked as if she had just been stabbed. Oh well, we both came out to everyone at the same time.

"I can't believe it." Tay muttered, breaking the ice. Her words were to herself, but since it was dead silent pretty much everyone had heard it. Her cheeks were flushed in embarrasment. She was soon going to be known as the girl whose gaydar suck's dick - literally.

"Well people, the show's over." Vic said loudly. "Since you guys seem so interested, the sequel of this show will be coming out tonight in our dorm room." Everyone still stood there, unsure of what to do.

"Fucking move it!" Jaime boomed, his voice as sharp as broken glass. People jolted up in shock and slowly began to walk away.

"I'll explain later." Vic told me as he walked me to my class. I didn't want him to leave me by myself in that class. As happy as I am to have him, I didn't expect my coming out to be so quick and dramatic like that. People were staring. But fuck them, right? What do they know? He gave me a quick kiss and walked away, leaving me subject to stares and whispers.

-

People have been kind to me over the next few days. I never really got insulted to my face for being gay but who knows what people have said behind my back. I think this is partly because my boyfriend is the school rebel. Patrick hasn't said much either. It felt like he has already known or had a hunch. I sat in my Sociology class with Patrick by my side. We were half listening to the teacher talk about our new topic, 'Relationships'. It was interesting and all, but I'm pretty sure everyone in the class already knew about it. The teacher was in the middle of talking about 'girlfriend boyfriend relationships' when someone walked into our classroom.

Vic stood in the doorway, his eyes scanning for somebody. They rested on me and he smiled. "Kellin." he said aloud, and I didn't know what to do. He stood there his eyes trained on mine as he began to speak. "Goddamn, your eyes are beautiful. You could hypnotise me just with a glance and I'd already be reeling in your prescence. One look and I'd be dead on the floor. You knock me out. Everyday. And every morning as I wake up with you in my arms, I just think to myself. I am so fucking lucky to have you." he said, his voice confident and loud. The look in his eyes said it all.