21. Darkness's Final Abyss

FINAL CHAPTER

MASSIVE TRIGGER WARNING: SCHOOL SHOOTINGS, AND DEATH

THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER IS VERY VERY VERY TRIGGERING AND YES

-

It felt as if all of time had stopped. It was like someone had clicked the pause button and the only thing I could hear was my nervous heart beating and my shallow breathing. It took me a while to realise that someone was calling my name. I looked up to see Vic holding his hand out frantically towards me, a look of distraught on his face.

"Kellin! Come on!" Vic yelled at me, finally grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the crowd, away from the table. All the other students were scrambling out the other set of double doors. We followed suit and found that we were the last one's to exit the cafeteria.

"How do we work the locks?" some guy yelled out, referring to the locks on the doors. We were situated behind the door in some random hallway. Vic stepped forward and quickly pulled down a lever, locking the doors.

"What do we do?" another girl asked, tears in her eyes. All the younger students looked towards Vic. He looked down the hallway blankly, his face devoid of any emotions. I felt proud that people looked up tp Vic even though he was such a jerk. He was a merciless tyrant; yet in the end he was still their tyrant.

"Find a classroom and lock yourself in it. Better yet, a storage room. Somewhere where you won't be caught." Vic told anyone that could hear him. He then walked over to me, took my hand and we began rushing down the hall, looking for someplace to hide. I didn't say anything as we ran into the library. All the lights were closed and we were shrowded in silence. I heard a soft whisper and instantly my blood ran cold.

"Vic?" a voice whispered, a bit louder now.

"Thank god." he breathed, as we made our way toward the sound.

"Who is it?" I asked him. 

I soon found out myself as I recognised their voices. It was Tony, Jaime, and Tay.

"We just got out the cafeteria. Someone came in and shot this girl and then we ran." Vic told the others.

"That's fucked up." Jaime replied.

"We were in our dorms when Jesse told us that he heard gunshots. Then we went down here to see what was going on. We heard gunshots and then we hid in here." Tony said.

"Is Kellin in here?" I heard Tay ask.

"I'm here." I replied.

As the other guys continued talking about what to do, I felt Tay inch her way across the floor towards me. I felt her hand on my arm and before I could shrug it off she spoke.

"Look Kellin. I.. I'm sorry about how horrible I've been this year." she told me quietly and slowly. "I know I've been such a bitch and I get that you'd want to punch me in the face sometimes."

I cleared my throat and she said, "Okay, all the time. Look, I don't want to die and have you thinking that I'm one of the worst people you know and I know that this apology might not change your feelings towards me and all but yeah."

"Thank you." I said, not sure how to reply.

"You're not going to die." I heard Tony say to her.

"You don't know that." Tay shot back quickly. "You heard all those gunshots out there, the next one's could be against our head's."

"Don't fucking say that!" Tony said angrily. 

"You've gotta be realistic." she replied sadly. I heard a bit of scuffling and then the sound of kissing. Woah what. I put two and two together and realised that Tony and Tay were making out. I always assumed he had the hots for her.