15. You Pulled Me From My Grave

"Give me your keys," Vic demanded as he faced Jamie. His friend noticed the alarm in Vic's face and quickly handed him the keys. 

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"I'm just gon check up on Mike. I'll be back soon." Vic replied and he raced downstairs. 

He got in Jamie's old car, keeping an eye on his own car just a few metres in front of him. He waited until Mike was out of sight and then silently trailed behind, his heartbeat racing in anticipation. They drove for at least half an hour. There was a literally nothing surrounding them except trees and empty fields. Any signs of civilisation had been left behind ten minutes ago.

Unease filled Vic, and he began to slow down as he saw his own car stopping in the distance. He heard the loud thud of a door slamming shut and the sound of footsteps on gravel. Vic looked ahead and noticed that they stopped at the entrance of a forest. The tall leafy trees seemed to sway in the distance as if they were dancing; daring him to come closer. 

He made a prayer to a god that he ceased to believe in and silently hopped out of the car and stealthily made his way forward. The trees loomed over him and he found himself thinking, What am I doing here in this dark cold creepy forest late at night? In front of him he noticed Mike's tall figure carrying something upon his shoulders? Kellin? No, it couldn't be.

Vic made his way closer and to his dismay he could recognise the floppy dark hair and skinny frame of the person that his brother was carrying. With adrenalin fueled by shock, Vic sprinted towards his brother. Before Mike could turn around to see what was making such a noise, he was tackled roughly to the ground.

"Kellin! Are you okay?" Vic cried as he straddled upon his brother. The limp body beside them didn't move or respond.

"Stay away Vic!" Mike roared, his eyes revealing the demon inside of him. He struggled to get Vic off of him but Vic's arms pinned him down.

"Mike! Please calm down!" Vic begged and he struggled to hold his baby brother still.

Mike shoved from underneath and sent Vic flying away from him where he laid, winded. "I said." Mike began, "Stay away or I'll kill you too."

-

I felt hung over but I obviously wasn't. I peered around the dimly lit room from my bed, looking if Mike was nearby. A tired smile broke across my face as I noticed Vic fast asleep, sprawled at the end of my bed like a guard. My back felt stiff and my muscles were sore. All I remembered from last night was Mike bashing me up and sadly that's about it. So why was I so dirty and messy? I wondered what had happened last night. 

"Hey," Vic's groggy morning voice said. "You're up." He looked at me, his eyes exhasuted and half open.

"I am." I replied.

"How are you feeling?" he asked me.

"A bit sore but I'm fine." I said. I moved a bit and felt a sharp pain in my ribs. Vic looked at me in concern and worry. "So what happened last night anyways? How did you find me?"

Sadness swept through him and he looked away. "All that matters is that you're fine." he told me slowly.

"Yeah but, what happened?" 

"What about you can get some rest first and then we can talk."

"Just fucking tell me!" I burst and he looked at me in surprise.

He took a moment to collect his thoughts before spoke. "He knocked you out and drove you out to the woods. I stopped him before he could do anything." he said slowly.