Chapter 23

Santana stood in her room getting ready for her graduation. She wore a black dress and some black heels. She put on the red graduation gown. She smiled. All the hell she went through in High School had finally paid off. She was done with all those dramatic people who only wanted trouble. She was done with all the hate. She was done with everything.
"Look at you. So beautiful." Maribel smiled.
"Thank you."
"So grown up. It was just yesterday you were starting pre school."
"Time flies."
"It sure does. Now you have a child of your own. I have to confess I wasn't very happy with you being a teen mom and all, but you surprised me. You take good care of your child."
"I know, mama. I had to step up and deal with the consequences."
"You make me so proud for so many reasons, mi reina. I'm so proud of you." Maribel had tears in her eyes.
"No, mama. Don't cry. Not yet at least."
"I won't."
"I brought the little guy." Carlos entered the room. Nicholas was dressed in a suit.
"Oh my god, look at him. So cute." She took him from her father's arms.
"Wuv mami."
"I love you too." She kissed him on the cheek.
"You have to get going, San."
"I'll see you guys at the ceremony."
Santana waited anxiously as the ceremony began. In a few hours, she would graduate and go onto to do things with her life. She would be set free and allowed to follow her dreams.
The principal spoke first followed by the Valedictorian and finally the Salutatorian. The speeches were long and boring. Half of the graduating class wasn't even paying attention. She looked over to where Brittany was sitting. She seemed to be in her own world. She looked at Quinn who was obviously just as bored as she was.
She watched as her classmates went up one by one. They shook the principal's hand and then took their diploma and walked down from the stage.
"Rachel Berry." The brunette went up and smiled as she shook Figgins' hand. She blew kisses at the crowd and walked down. Santana rolled her eyes. Berry would do that.
"Quinn Fabray." She cheered for her best friend.
"Go Quinn!" Brittany yelled. Quinn smiled and took her diploma before walking down.
"Kurt Hummel." The boy walked up. He was chocked up with tears. Santana shook her head. He and Berry were definitely meant to be best friends.
As the names were called, she felt nervous as she was closer to being called up. She felt butterflies in her stomach. It was almost her turn. She took a deep breath.
"Santana Lopez."
"Go San!" She heard Brittany yell. Santana laughed a little. She spotted her family in the crowd. Nicholas smiled as he saw her and she waved at him.
"Brittany Pierce."
"Go Britt!" Quinn and Santana yelled in unison. The blonde smile widely as she heard her friends cheering her on.
All the diplomas had been received and the ceremony was coming to a close.
"We present to you the Class of 2012!" They threw their caps up in the air and cheered. It was finally over. Everything they had worked for had paid off.
"We did it!" Quinn and Brittany came running up to her, their families not far behind. They hugged.
"Start together, end together. Just like it should be." She smiled.
"I'm going to miss you."
"We'll still be best friends, right?" Brittany asked.
"Of course. Friends till the end." Quinn nodded.
"I love you all so much. Don't forget to call and text, Q."
"I won't."
"Bye."
"Bye." They hugged once again before walking off.
Santana grabbed Nicholas from her mother's arms. She kissed his cheek. All of this was for him. All she worked for was to make him proud.
Nicholas was the one thing that motivates her to work harder. He was the one who made her want to be a better person. He was one of the reasons she had made it.
Nicholas kissed her back.
He wasn't in her plans, but he had been the best thing that had happened to her. Nicholas was her whole world. She wouldn't trade him for the world. If someone would have told her that a baby would have impacted her life so much she would have laughed. Life had a funny way of working and it worked in her favor this time. Santana smiled.
"Next stop, the rest of our lives."

That's a wrap guys. Thanks for reading. I really appreciate it. Catch y'all on the flip side.
~LintheskywithDiamonds 💎🌟💫