Chapter 10

It was a beautiful day outside. The sun was shining bright and it was just the right temperature. It was the perfect day to go to the park.
It was also a weekend so Santana wasn't trapped at school instead of being with her son.
She dressed him up in a onesie. It was perfect for the weather outside. He wouldn't be too hot or too cold. She decided to just wear a romper. It was comfortable and she looked great.
She texted Brittany and Quinn if they wanted to go to the park. Both of them replied yes. She would pick Quinn up first and then pick Brittany up.
"Mami, I'm going to the park with Nic."
"Alright, mija. Be careful."
"I will." She drove over to Quinn's house and then to Brittany's.
"Hey, guys." Brittany smiled.
"Hey, B."
They choose a spot under a tree and near a playground so Brittany could swing on the swings.
"He's completely amazed by everything." Quinn laughed as she watched Nicholas' happy expression.
"Well, this is his first time out to a park. I mostly keep him inside or in the backyard of the house."
"So protective." Quinn teased.
"I mostly don't take him anywhere because I'm scared of what people will think." She confessed.
"Who cares what they think? You're Santana Lopez. Kick their ass if they talk shit."
"This is why you're my best friend."
"Best bitches in town."
"You know it." Santana smirked. Quinn stuck her tongue out. Nicholas laughed at the gesture.
"He laughed. I'm officially the favorite Aunt." Quinn smiled victoriously.
"I'll still be his number one."
"We'll see about that." Quinn challenged and started to play with Nicholas. Nicholas was already laughing hysterically at the faces Quinn was making. Santana shook her head.
She turned to look at Brittany on the swings. The blonde was enjoying herself. Santana shook her head. Brittany was basically a kid stuck in a teenager's body.
When she looked back, Nicholas was sitting on Quinn's lap. Quinn smirked at her.
"I won him over. Don't underestimate the power of Quinn Fabray, Lopez."
"Yeah yeah, whatever. Give me back my kid."
"No. I won him fair and square. It's my turn with him." Santana was actually surprised that he hadn't burst into tears already. Maybe he did just have to warm up to people.
She took Nicholas away from Quinn. Quinn glared at her.
"If looks could kill I would be dead by now."
"Yeah, you would have." Quinn mumbled.
She bounced Nicholas and played with his toes. She smiled at him. He giggled.
She looked up to see a few kids from school walking past and whispering.
"Oh god. They saw him. Fuck!" She cursed.
"Calm down, San."
"Calm down?! They just saw me with my son. I'm going to be a hot topic at school. I didn't want them to find out." She ran her fingers through her hair.
"A-Are you ashamed to be Nicholas' mom?"
"What?! No! I love Nicholas. I just... I'm ashamed to be a teen mom."
"So you are ashamed."
"Yes, I am." She hung her head.
"San, listen. You shouldn't be ashamed. Sure, it's not something to be proud of, but you got a beautiful baby boy out of it. There's no reason to be ashamed. Take it from me. I lived through it. You can do it as well."
"You're right." She nodded.
"Who cares what they think? The person you should care about is your son and yourself." Quinn told her.
"When did you stop giving a fuck?"
"Around the time I was 5 months pregnant. To this day, I'm still a ruthless bitch thanks to that. No one is going to bring me down and no one should bring you down."
"Thanks for the advice, Q."
"Anytime."
Brittany came back to join them a few moments later.
"San, can I carry him?"
"Sure."
"Yay! He likes me now." Brittany smiled.
"I told you, B. He just had to warm up to you. It's impossible for someone not to like you."
Brittany jingled her keys in front of Nicholas face. He reached out to grab them. Brittany pulled them away. Nicholas whimpered. Brittany immediately gave it to him.
"Don't cry! Here, take them. Just please don't cry."
"Don't let him put it in his mouth."
"I won't." Brittany nodded.
The three girls walked around. Santana pushed the stroller.
"San, why didn't you say goodbye when you left?"Brittany asked.
"I-I don't know. I just kind of wanted to be out of Lima as fast I could. I felt as if I were to try to say goodbye I would accidentally blurted out the secret."
"We could have helped you." Quinn sighed.
"I know, but I just didn't want to put up with what you did. I had a rather nice pregnancy with Monica. I definitely wouldn't have had that here." She didn't even want to think of what she would have gone through if she had stayed in Lima.
"Is being a mom hard?"
"Oh Q, it's one of the hardest tasks I've ever done. Diapers, breastfeeding, baby bottles, 3:00 am wake up calls. Vomit, drool, pee. I go through that almost everyday. You name it and I probably had it on my shirt at one point." Quinn shuddered at the thought of having to be vomited on, but she was sure that it was probably worth it.
"That sounds hard. I don't know how you do it, San." Brittany said.
"I'm still getting use to it, but it's lot easier now than it was the first few months." Brittany nodded. "He's the best thing that ever happened to me." She smiled.
All the things she had to endure was worth it. She couldn't imagine her life without Nicholas by her side. He was truly the most important and best thing in her life.

Hope you enjoy the update!
~LintheskywithDiamonds 💎🌟💫