Chapter 22

Santana entered the school. Graduation was a week away. It was the last day left of class and then the remainder of time would be graduation practice or the senior class pictures or the individual graduate pictures.
She knew that many of them had been anxiously awaiting this day and she had been to, but she felt a bit sad. She had to say goodbye to the Glee members. She had grown close to them in the past 2 years or so.
"The last meeting of the year! Time flies. Today, we say goodbye to our seniors. You guys have been amazing and so dedicated. We all went through a few rough times and we helped each other through them. We'll always be family no matter what. I hope that you all make your dreams come true." Mr. Schue said.
"Mr. Schue, that was so nice." Rachel sniffled. "I just wanted to say that this group is amazing. I finally felt like I belonged here. I felt like I mattered. Sure, we may not all be from the same social circle, but we all came together to do something we love. We love to sing. It has been a pleasure to sing with you guys. I'm truly going to miss you." Rachel cried.
"Rachel, please don't." Tina sobbed and soon most of the girls were moved to tears.
"I'm going to miss you guys so much!" Brittany sobbed.
"We're going to miss you too, Brittany." Rachel hugged the blonde. "I'm going to miss arguing with Mercedes and Quinn rolling her eyes at me. I'm going to miss Brittany's confused stared and Santana's insults."
"Okay, can we stop all this gushy shit now?" Santana rolled her eyes.
"I second that." Puck said and all the other guys nodded.
"We're having a moment here, okay." Rachel said.
"Well, the moment is over so let's move and get on with the last assignment."
"Actually, the last assignment was meant to share all the good memories we've had. It's meant to be closure."
"Mr. Schue, not all of us are into this gooey stuff. I cringe just thinking about it." Santana shuddered.
"Hey, I've seen you be a gooey with Nicholas so don't come with that BS." Quinn rolled her eyes.
"That's different. He's my son. It's my job to be all gooey around him. Besides, he's a cutie. I just want to eat him up. You can see his dimples when he smiled and he gets so excited when I come home." She gushed.
"Lopez is going all soft on us." Puck teased.
"Shut up!" She punched him on the shoulder.
Santana was only gooey around her son. His smile would melt her ice cold heart. His laugh would brighten her day. When she was down in the dumps he would cheer her up. He also was the best person to cuddle with. He would kiss her on the cheek when she came home from school. He was the best.
"Do you guys remember the first time we sang Don't stop believin'? It was just Tina, Artie, Mercedes, Finn and I? It was the one moment where I felt like I wasn't an outcast. When I'm here I feel like I belong and all I've ever wanted was to belong." Rachel said.
"This became like a safe haven. For all of us. We could be ourselves her. It didn't matter what race you were, what your sexuality, whether we were smart or dumb. All that mattered was that we loved music and that we loved to sing." Kurt said.
"I hate to say this, but this place will always be home and you guys will always be my family. Sure, Berry can be annoying, loud, and sometimes I want to punch her in the throat, but besides that I tolerate you guys." That was as close as they would get to something nice coming out of Santana.
"You guys are really great. You were supportive during my pregnancy and during my pink haired stage and you didn't judge. Well, not as much as everyone else. I'm so glad I was forced to join this club." Quinn smiled.
"My turn!" Brittany squealed. "First, you guys are awesome. I had so much fun with you guys. I got to sing and dance and do things that I really like. We got to dress up and compete. I knew Lord Tubbington was right when he said I would love it her. I can't wait to do it all again next year. Love you guys." She blew kisses to everyone.
"When I first came here, I doubted that it would be fun. I was jock singing with a whole bunch of losers. It turned out not to be that bad. I might have had a little fun. Just a little. I'm really going to miss this." Puck looked at his feet. He wasn't really use to all the touchy feely things so it was pretty uncomfortable.
"Mr. Schue, I understand you want us to get all up in our feels, but some of us just aren't those type of people. Can we just like do one final song and get it over with?"
"Sure. I know just the one." And they knew which one he was talking about.
They started to sing Don't stop Believin'. They just poured all their emotions into the one last performance. After this, they were all to go their own way. The song finished and they all stood their silently.
"Well guys, it was an honor to direct you through everything. We went through a lot of losses, but we also had our fair share of wins. I am proud of every single one of you. I wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do with your life. Goodbye and good luck." They all walked out of the choir room. That was it.
Santana never thought such a small thing like the Glee Club would have such a huge impact on her life. One thing she knew for sure, Glee was the best damn thing she had been forced into. She actually thanked Sue Sylvester for forcing her into it. The only good thing she ever got from her.
She sighed as she got into her car. Glee club was something she would never forget.

One more chapter till the ending! Hope you guys have an amazing day.
~LintheskywithDiamonds 💎🌟💫