Chapter 20

Nationals had arrived and they were all nervous. They had practiced so hard for it. If they didn't win it would be a devastating blow for all of them, but Santana knew they had it in the bag.
She had brought Nicholas along with her. They would be in Chicago and Santana thought that being away from her baby for three days would be much too long. She had thought of backing out for that reason. She had agreed to go only if she could take Nicholas with her.
"Santana, I don't know about that." Mr. Schue said.
"I'm not going if I can't bring my son."
"Santana, you are an important member of our group. We need you there as much as we need everyone else there."
"Mr. Schue, I promise he won't be any problem. I'll take care of him. Please, Mr. Schue." She begged.
"Fine." Mr. Schue sighed.
"Thank you! Thank you so much!" She hugged him.
They arrived at the hotel. All the competitors were to stay there so there were many teams checking in and running around.
They discussed the room arrangements.
"Guys, these are your arrangements! Finn, Blaine and Sam in 16. Kurt, Mike and Artie in room 17. Puck, you get to sleep alone in room 18. Tina, Mercedes and Brittany in room 19. Rachel, Santana and Quinn in room 20. No switching."
Quinn and Santana sighed. Spending three days with Rachel wasn't going to be fun. They settled into their rooms. Everything was going smoothly and surprisingly Rachel hadn't thrown a tantrum yet.
Nicholas was calmly sitting on the bed playing with his toys. Rachel was taking a shower and Quinn was flipping through the channels on the television.
Rachel came out of the restroom in her towel. She quickly grabbed her clothes.
"Oh la la, Rachel Berry in a towel." Santana smirked. Rachel blushed. "C'mon Rachel, we're all girls here. No need to be embarrassed."
"There's a baby in here and it doesn't matter if we're all girls. It's still very uncomfortable."
"He's a baby. The only thing he knows about the female body is that boobs equal food." Santana said. "Besides, we all have the same parts. Q has seen me naked multiple times. We don't care. Right Q?"
"Right."
"I'd still rather not. I'm not about to strip for you." Rachel walked into the bathroom.
Quinn took a shower next. Santana bathed Nicholas and then she took a shower herself.
She came out in a long T-shirt. She was exhausted.
"You sleep in that?" Rachel eyes widened.
"Yeah. Not all of us are into your long old Victorian night gowns, Berry. Besides, this is modest. Everything is covered."
"Yeah, Rachel. I don't understand how you can sleep in that. It looks so uncomfortable." Quinn added. She was in a tank top and shorts.
"It's not. It's actually very soft and warm."
"Whatever floats your boat, Rachel. Night." Santana rolled over. They turned off the lights.
She was awaken at 3:00 am to Nicholas beginning to get fussy and then he started to cry. Quinn and Rachel groaned.
"San, make it quiet." Quinn whined.
"Baby, you're cute and all, but I need my sleep. So, if you could be quiet I would very much appreciate it." Rachel mumbled.
She put on shorts and walked down the hall. The movement of walking would help. His cries were silenced. She continued to walk down the hall to put him to sleep.
"Well well well, nice to see you again, Satan. Oh and is that your little demon spawn that I heard about it?" Sebastian have her a smirk.
"Ugh, it's you. And if you must know, yes, this my son Nicholas. Hold him for me." She handed the baby to Sebastian. He held it as far away from him as he could. She tied her hair up into a messy bun. "Aww, are you scared of a tiny defenseless baby?" Santana teased.
"Of course not. Sebastian Smythe is not scared of a baby."
"Then hold him correctly." She adjusted his arms so he was holding Nicholas correctly. Nicholas gurgled as he looked up at Sebastian.
"He likes you. What is wrong with my kid?"
"The Smythe charm is irresistible." He smirked. Santana grabbed Nicholas out of his arms.
"Why are you up?"
"He started to cry. Why are you up?" She asked as she rubbed Nicholas' back. He snuggled into her. He was close to falling asleep.
"I couldn't sleep." He shrugged. They were silent for a while.
"Well, he's asleep now. I'll see you around."
"Good luck, Lopez. You're going to need it."
"In your dreams, Smythe."
"Oh and Santana?"
"Yeah?"
"You're a great mother. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."
"Thanks, Sebastian."
She entered the room. She laid down on the bed and fell asleep.
The next morning, she was awaken to Rachel's singing. She turned to look at the clock. It was 6:00 am.
"Rachel, shut up!" She yelled.
"Santana, don't yell! Save your voice for the competition tomorrow!" She yelled back.
"I wouldn't have to yell if you would shut up!"
"I'm practicing."
"Save your voice for tomorrow. We wouldn't want you to lose your voice and then not be able to sing. We would lose."
"Oh my Barbra, you're right. Thank you so much, Santana. I will conserve my voice." Santana smiled. Mission accomplished. She went back to sleep.
She grumbled as she felt someone shake her.
"Go away."
"Most of the members are having breakfast. Come on." 
She sighed but got up. She put some jeans and a t-shirt on. She grabbed Nicholas who was still half asleep.
She took a sip of her coffee and then feed Nicholas eggs. He turned his head.
"C'mon, Nic. Eat the eggs."
"No." He pouted.
"Nic, please." She yawned. He opened his mouth so Santana could feed him. "Good boy."
The glee members watched as Santana fed the little boy. They had noticed in the course of the year that Nicholas always came before anyone else. Of course, that is expected of a mother, but Santana always thought of herself first. She always thought of how it would benefit her. It was a bit surprising.
They had a day in Chicago all to themselves. Quinn, Brittany and Santana had decided to go out and explore. She put Nicholas in the stroller and they were off.
They found a nice park with a pond. Brittany stood staring at the ducks.
"Look at the duckies, Nicholas." She pointed to them. Nicholas smiled.
Santana pushed Nicholas on the swings. He giggled as the wind blew on his face. Quinn and Brittany were on the swings next to that one.
"Are you ready for Nationals tomorrow?"
"Yes. I'm ready to end those losers with my amazing talent." Santana smirked.
"Amazing talent my ass."
"Don't be jealous, Q. Not everyone can be as amazing as me."
"So conceited."
"I'm not conceited. I am confident." She stuck her tongue out.
"Mhmm." Quinn rolled her eyes.
They went back to the hotel room. Nicholas was playing on the floor.
"Rachel, can you watch him real quick. I'm going to grab something from the gift shop."
"Sure." Santana ran out. The moment she left Nicholas began to whimper. "No, it's okay. Your mommy is coming back." He started to cry. Rachel picked him up. "It's okay. It's okay. Don't cry. Santana will be back in a minute. Please calm down." Rachel was already starting to panic. She didn't do good with crying babies. Santana came back in. "I swear I didn't hurt him. He started crying when you left." She blurted.
"Chill, Berry. I know you didn't hurt him. He's just a Mami's boy." She took him from her arms. He stopped crying. "See, problem solved."
The next morning was hectic. They were all trying to squeeze in a last minute practice. At  noon, they started getting ready.  They took showers and afterwards you could see many of the girls running across the hall to borrow one of the members' shoes or makeup or some other thing they needed.
The groups were all running around backstage getting ready for the competition. The New Directions were on after the group on stage was done.
"New Directions, huddle up!" Mr. Schue shouted. "Today is a very important day. It is vital that we put all we got into this and I know all of you will. No matter what the results are you are all winners in my book. Now, let's go out there and win."
They all went on stage. Santana had left Nicholas with Mr. Schue who was watching from the sidelines.
Santana was sure they kicked ass. Never had she seen the group of misfits come together and work harder than at that moment. If they didn't win she would be devastated.
They stood on stage waiting for the winner to be announced. She held Nicholas in her arms. He would be her only consolation if they didn't win.
"In third place, Portland Scale Blazers!" The judge announced. The crowd clapped. The moment of truth was coming. "And the winner of 2012 National Show Choir Championship is.... The New Directions!" They were all thrilled. Santana went to hug the nearest person which was Quinn.
"We did it!" She cheered.
The ride home was filled with liveliness and joy. Nicholas was hyper from all of the celebration. Everyone's emotion were rubbing off on him making him hyper.
They arrived back in Lima late at night. They all hugged each other and then went their own way.
She put Nicholas to bed and then wiped her makeup off. She couldn't wipe the smiles off her face. After 3 years of hard work they had finally won. She sighed. She was going to them.

Y'all, I love Sebtana. I love the friendship and I occasionally do enjoy a Sebtana romance story. I just had to included.
3 more chapter left.
~LintheskywithDiamonds 💎🌟💫