Chapter 8

Santana sighed as her alarm clock beeped loudly. She quickly turned it off before it could wake up Nicholas.
She jumped into the shower. She came out and put on her makeup. She just put her hair into a simple ponytail. She wore jeans and a t-shirt. She checked on Nicholas. He was sound asleep.
She walked downstairs. Her mother was making breakfast.
"Morning, mija."
"Morning." She yawned. She grabbed a mug and placed it on the counter. She grabbed the coffee pot.
"No caffeine."
"Ugh, I forgot." She groaned and put the coffee pot back where it was.
She put her head down on the table. Her mother placed her plate of food next to her.
"Eat." She ate her French toast slowly. "You did remember to pump, right?"
"Yes, mama. I did it last night. They're in the fridge."
"Good. Is he still asleep?"
"Yeah. He's still sleeping." She nodded. She grabbed her backpack and made her way to the door. "See you later, mama. I love you."
"I love you too. Be careful." Maribel yelled.
School was boring as always. She ended up texting Brittany in English. She was bored out of her mind.
"Ms. Lopez, what's your answer?" Her head snapped up. Everyone's eyes were on her. She just guessed a random number.
"52."
"Correct. Pay attention next time."
They all meet up during lunch. She listened to Quinn and Brittany talk about Lord Tubbington. Santana still couldn't believe that stupid cat was alive. It was so fat it should have been gone years ago.
"Shelby sent a picture of Beth yesterday. We Skyped as well." Quinn said and Santana perked up.
"Oh really? Is Beth doing good?"
"She's fine. Her first birthday is in a few months." Quinn pulled out the picture.
"She's so adorable, Quinn." Brittany smiled.
"Can I see?"
"Promise you won't say anything rude about Beth or me?"
"I promise,." Santana rolled her eyes. Quinn showed it to her.
"She looks just like you."
"Yeah. During the Skype she was pretty happy. She seemed like a happy baby." Quinn sighed. Brittany and Santana knew what Quinn was thinking.
"Don't beat yourself up, Quinn. Beth is doing good with Shelby. You made a good choice." Brittany rubbed her back.
"I know." Quinn nodded wiping away a stray tear.
"No tears, Quinn. I want to see you smile, okay? Here, you can have all the chocolates I have." Brittany pulled out Hershey's kisses. They were Quinn's favorite.
"Thanks, B." Quinn hugged her. That was the moment when she realized how close they had become. Brittany always had chocolate for Quinn and Quinn always carried gummy bears for Brittany. It was something to make them happy when they were sad.
The bell rang and school was dismissed. Santana made her way to glee. She took her usual seats with the glee members. Rachel was babbling on about something stupid. Mercedes and Kurt were talking about the latest fashion trend. Mike and Tina were being all romantic with each other. It was just another typical day. She took her seat and waited Mr. Schue to begin the lesson.
15 minutes in, her mom texted her that she was outside. She frowned. She stepped outside.
"San, I have to go run an errand. You're going to have to watch Nicholas." Her blood ran cold. They couldn't find out. No one could know her secret.
"I-I can't... I."
"Santana, I'm sure your friends will understand."
"Fine." She sighed. She got the car seat and the stroller. The baby bag was hanging on her shoulder. She put the car seat on the stroller.
The school was empty, but she couldn't risk it. She speed walked down the halls till she reached the choir room.
"Guys, I have something for you." She smiled as she pushed the stroller in. "This is my son Nicholas." There was a silence.
"Is that why you were gone?" Kurt asked.
"Yes. No one can say anything about him. You gotta keep this a secret."
"You're secret is safe with me." Quinn spoke up and everyone else nodded. She sighed in relief.
"I have a question." Kurt said.
"What is it?"
"How many months is he?"
"He's 2 months."
"Who choose the name?" Mercedes asked.
"I did."
"Is he vegetarian?" Rachel asked. Santana had a huge urge to slap her.
"Rachel, he's two months. He doesn't even have teeth yet. The only thing he's been fed is breast milk and formula." She rolled her eyes.
"Who's the baby daddy?" Everyone's eyes looked at Puck.
"No, he's not Puck. It's none of your business and this concludes the Nicholas Lopez Q&A."
She sat back down and watched as Nicholas looked around curiously. She smiled and kissed the top of head. He looked bewildered. He had never been in a room with so many people.
"San, can I carry him?" Brittany asked.
"Yeah, support his head." The moment he was in Brittany's arms he began to cry. Brittany immediately give him back to her.
"He doesn't like me." She pouted.
"No, it's not that. He's just doesn't like new people. This is the first he's been anywhere that's not home. He isn't use to all the people. He isn't use to meeting new people either. It's not your fault, B. He just has to warm up to you." She told her.
Many other asked to carry him, but Nicholas would cry every time he wasn't in his mother's arms.
Members began to swarm around him and tried to play with him. Nicholas soon became overwhelmed and started to get fussy. He let out a whimper notifying Santana to either do something or be left with a crying baby.
"Okay, guys. He's not liking the attention. Back up or we're going to have huge problem here." Luckily, they got the memo.
She was glad that her glee family liked her son. They were like a small family and family never leaves anyone behind.

Hi guys! I'm so sorry I didn't update last weekend. I completely forgot. I was already in bed when I remembered yesterday and I meant to get up and update, but I fell asleep. Really sorry.
~LintheskywithDiamonds 💎🌟💫