Chapter 2

Recap

After a silent drive, we pulled up to the house. ‘We are home.’ I sang in a very high-pitched voice, causing Jess to laugh. ‘Girls can you come hear please.’ Anne called from the lounge room. I shot Jess a confused look. She looked just as confused as I did. We walked down the hallway and into the room. My mouth dropped open at the sight I saw.

SIMON FREAKING COWELL WAS SITTING ON THE COUCH.

I felt like I couldn’t breathe. Standing in front of me was music royalty. ‘Girls meet Simon Cowell. He wants to talk to you about your YouTube account.’ Anne smiled at us. We both sat on the empty couch. ‘Hello. I am very sorry to take you out of school like this but I really would like to talk to you about your music. Have you ever thought of making it your career?’ He asked with a huge smile on his face. Jess and I gave each other huge, excited smiles. Music was the one thing that we wanted to do with our lives. ‘Yes we have sir.’ I smiled at him. ‘Please, call me Simon.’ He chuckled. ‘Well I’m sure that you have heard that One Direction and 5 Seconds Of Summer are going on a worldwide tour.’ We both nodded not sure what was going on. ‘Well we need another opening act. Would you like to be signed to Syco and go on tour with One Direction and 5 Seconds Of Summer?’ He asked us. My mouth dropped open. This had been a dream of mine ever since I could talk. ‘YES!!!’ we both screamed, jumping up and down. I felt my eyes brim with tears. This is what my parents wanted for me. ‘Great. Now we have to schedule a few meetings. We can have lunch tomorrow with the managers of each bands. Then there is a party the day after where you can meet the boys. Now if you agree to this contract it means that you will have to move to London and live with the 9 boys.’  I had the biggest grin on my face as I nodded wanting to move to London. Jess had the same look of excitement on her face. ‘So how long does this contract last?’ Anne asked. I had almost forgot she was sitting there. ‘Well the contract is binding for 5 years and if things go well after 5 years then we can resign the contract.’ He smiled taking a contract out of his bag. Frank read over the contract and agreed with everything. Simon and Frank discussed over things while Anne, Jess and I made some tea. We returned to the lounge and Frank and Simon were shaking hands. I guess that meant that the contract was settled. ‘Now all you need to do is sign here and we can have the lunch tomorrow.’ Simon said handing us the contract and a pen. I quickly scrawled my signature and Jess did the same. ‘Welcome to Syco records.’ He smiled. I was signed. My main dream was fulfilled. ‘So have any of the boys actually seen our videos.’ Jess asked. ‘They were actually the ones who showed them to me. I think your cover of Moments it was. They requested you in fact.’ I blushed as he said this. Famous people had listened to our music. This day that I thought would be the worst turned out to be amazing.

*next day*

Yesterday was by far the best day of my life. Today was the day of the lunch meeting  and it was only going to get better. Jess and I had decided to make a new video announcing about our record deal.  I still couldn’t believe that all this had happened. Last night we skyped Noah and Dustin and told them about it. They were over the moon for us. Anne had phoned the school last night and confirmed that our last official day would be tomorrow. The school was announcing the news today while we were at the meeting today. I knew that there would be some people that would be really jealous *cough* Brittany *cough*. But the main thing that was playing on my mind was what I was going to do with Tyler. I mean I knew that I would have to break up with him. But how. I shook it off when I heard the sound of a skype call on my laptop. I looked at the caller I.D- Logan J. I smiled and accepted the call. ‘Hey big bro.’ I smiled into the camera. ‘Hello there Tori Roo.’ He waved back. Logan was my older brother. He had lived in Australia for about 5 years now with his fiancée, Jasmine. I had only met her once at the funeral but she seemed really nice. ‘I have some really big news for you. Simon Cowell signed me and Jess to Syco Records and we are going on a world tour!’ I practically yelled with excitement. I saw tears start to well up in Logan’s eyes. ‘I’m so proud of you sis. You deserve this. Mum and Dad would be so proud.’ I smiled at him. I heard Jess call from downstairs. ‘Listen Logan I have to go I have a meeting in a couple of hours. I will try and call again soon. Bye. Love you!.’ I cooed waving to him. I made my way downstairs to find Jess making my favorite breakfast- chocolate chip panacakes. When I got downstairs I felt my phone buzz.