17.

*New Orleans, 2015*

Klaus's POV

"We have to stop this. We are better as friends." I told her.

*A few hours before*

I was in my room with Caroline and smiling like a stupid guy because for the first time in my life I as truly happy.

"Stay just for a little while. I promise you won't regret." I said with a smirk and she smiled to me.

"Nik, I have to get out of here some time. You're forgetting that Bekah is suspicious." She said.

"I know, I know..." I said and when I was about to kiss her, she stopped me.

"No kisses. We both know that if you kiss me, we will end up naked again." She said making me smirk and before walked away she gave me a peck on the cheek.

Gosh, I love this woman.

After going to eat breakfast with my siblings, Stefan and Caroline, Caroline went to take a walk and I decided to stay home painting.

It passed 2 hours and Caroline was still gone and without answering my texts, which was odd and I was starting to feel like something bad happened to her.

I was painting when I heard my phone ringing, it was Caroline.

"Love, are you alright? I've been texting you and you nothing." I said in a concerned voice.

"Hello to you too Niklaus."

"Aurora" I said knowing very well who was the voice that was talking over the phone.

"The one and only"

"Where's Caroline? Why have you her phone? What did you do to her?"

"One question at a time, Niklaus."

"Answer me!" I said irritated.

"She's being torture in many different ways, physically and emotionally, you know by playing with her mind and all." Aurora said.

"Where is she? I'll do whatever it takes, just don't hurt her" I said showing how desperate I was.

"You are really capable of doing everything for let her be safe?"

"Yes"

"I guess you really love her. Oh well..."

"Aurora, please..."

"Fine. I tell you where she is but with one condition."

"What?"

"You have to tell her that you just want to be friends with her and nothing else."

"Fine. If is that what I need to do to make her be safe, then that will be it."

After agreeing with her, she finally told me where I could find Caroline and when I got there, I saw her filled with vervain and chains around her, she was all covered in blood and by just looking at her, it was breaking my heart.

Maybe ending things with her will be the best. I have many enemies who can use her as my weakness.

I took her to the mansion and after giving her some blood, she healed and we were now on my room.

"What was so important that you couldn't wait?"

"We have to stop this. We are better as friends." I told her.

"What are you saying?" She asked even knowing what I was saying.

"I'm sorry, love but I don't think I can continue to do this. I think we should try to continue be friends before this thing will become complicated and feelings getting hurt" I said.

"Alright, if is that what you want" she said and walked away.

She didn't show it but I could see that she was hurt. Well, maybe this was for the best. I have so many enemies that maybe she is safer this way.