《 the banquet 》

Ladybug laughed as she and Cat Noir jumped from pyramid to pyramid, one temple to another, until they landed on the head of the Great Sphinx. They let their legs dangle down below, both in their own little worlds.
Cat Noir chuckled and broke Ladybug out of her reverie. "What?" She asked, still smiling.
Cat smiled back at her, "If we have another Ancient Egypt assignment or if we have to read the book of Exodus again for Religion, we'd ace the topic."
Ladybug laughed, "Yeah, we would."
They sat there for another minute in silence and Ladybug was the one to break it. "Should we tell Alya and Nino about us being Ladybug and Cat Noir?"

She pondered this thought all night, wondering if it was the right thing to do. Alya would be mad that she didn't tell her best friend, who was a Ladybug fanatic, that Marinette was, in fact, Ladybug. And Nino should know too. He is Adriens best friend, after all.

"We'd have to get out of this place first." Cat said, his eyes trained onto the horizon.
Ladybug's eyes went wide as realization struck her.

How will we get out? How will we get back to Paris? How will we get out of this place? Her Marinette freak-outs were getting the better of her.

She seemed to have voiced those thoughts because Cat Noir answered, "Well, think about it. We were meant to be non-existent, right? We were meant to stay in that white place of nothingness."
Ladybug nodded.
"But then all of a sudden, we're in Ancient Egypt. Hawk Moth wants our Miraculouses if it is the thing he'll do. So somehow he is here or the Ticket Master is here because we didn't defeat him. We just need to defeat him here, and maybe we'll go back home to Paris."
Ladybug brightened up and smirked, loving the new theory, "Since when are you so smart?"
He grinned, "I have always been smart M'lady."

He picked up Ladybug's hand which was beside him and kissed the back of it, noticing the blush forming on Ladybug's cheeks. He entwined his fingers through hers and stared ahead watching the Eygptian sunset roll in.

Ladybug and Cat Noir soon found themselves sitting at a large table with food being passed around on gold platters. They were at the head of the table and all eyes were on them. Ladybug tried not to shrivel away from their amazed stares and continued eating. Cat Noir placed his hand on her bare thigh, making sure that she knew she wasn't alone.

Though, Ladybug and Cat Noir weren't the only ones getting stares. The Pharaoh was too. He hasn't shown his face or his regal figure to anyone, not even his brother. Something strange was going on and Ladybug couldn't put her finger on it.

She looked at Cat Noir and gestured for him to look at the Pharaoh. His throne was facing towards the wall, his shadow was the only thing they could see.

His hooked staff looked really familiar, though. But Ladybug thought it must've been familiar from looking at all of those photos in the books she was studying about Ancient Egypt a couple of years ago.

Cat Noir shrugged his shoulders at Ladybug and looked around the table. The wife and children of Ramses were sitting beside them, as was Moses.

Cat caught Moses's stare at Ladybug and his eyes narrowed, a feeling of possession washing over him. Of course, Ladybug wasn't his.

Yet.

But she wasn't Moses's either. And honestly, he didn't want her to be Moses's. He wanted her to be his.

Cat wanted his Lady to feel safe around him, and loved around him. But he didn't want to force her to be his. All he could do was hope that she returned the feelings he was feeling.

To get Moses's attention he waved a hand in front of the prince's face. When Moses didn't break his stare, Cat coughed, causing the dark haired prince to look over at him. Cat rose a questioning eyebrow and Moses's face flushed red and he looked away instantly.

That's right, I've got my eye on you.

🐞🐞🐞