《 asking the universe 》

Marinette and Alya raced into class and sat down at their desk.

The desks in the classroom were planned out effectively. The tables at the front were on the lower ground, and each desk behind them would have their own elevated floor, so all of the students in the classroom could see.

Marinette' s and Alya's desk was behind - and above - the table in which the gorgeous blond model and chilled guy with funky glasses sat at.

Miss Bustier, the class's teacher, was at the front of the class, too busy writing notes on the chalkboard to notice that Marinette and Alya snuck in.

Adrien, the blond model, noticed, and smiled back at the two girls. He winked, "You guys are lucky." He whispered, hoping to not draw any attention towards them.

Marinette's heart started to beat faster as she noticed Adrien was smiling at her. She laughed nervously. "Y-yeah. V-v-very lu-ucky." She smiled hastily at him and looked at her tablet in front of her, her cheeks and neck blazing red. Alya face-palmed.

Adrien silently questioned what got into Marinette. But then he realized that she acts like this in front of him all the time.

He usually sees her across the yard laughing and conversing with Alya, and sometimes he wished that she could do that with him.

Nino elbowed Adrien in the arm, pointing at the window which let's them see who was in the corridor outside of the classroom. Adrien rolled his eyes at the obnoxious blonde passing by.

He overheard the conversation commencing behind him. "I was really hoping that she would be away today." Marinette said.

"Girl, I think we all did." Alya replied back, eyeing Chloe walking - no, strutting - through the doorway to Miss Bustier's classroom.

"Chloe Bourgeois." Miss Bustier greeted, "Care to tell me why you are so late?"

"Ugh." Chloe groaned, "Like, my dad had this important phone call, and he wouldn't take me to school, so I had to walk. Walk! I do not walk!"

"You were walking a second ago Chloe." Miss Bustier pointed out, "Now why don't you continue that walking and take a seat, ready for class?"

"Ugh." Chloe groaned again.

Marinette sighed. Is it possible to be in the same class as Chloe for four years? She asked the universe.

Apparently it is.

🐞🐞🐞