Chapter #5

I felt this cats eyes lock on me. She got a bit closer and i stepped back. She smirked and I felt my cheeks puff up in embarrassment from my skittishness'.

I was expecting a final blow, to be put out of my misery and to finally be with my brother. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

As she had looked me dead in the eye I squinted. "Get it over with now, please"

I closed my eyes feeling emotionless. Then as I re-opened them I saw this cat at my paws. Confused, I sat down as well. Everything paused for a moment. Did I meet this cat before? The whole experience was familiar. As i opened my mouth to ask she spoke first.

"So, kid are you finally going to tell me your name?" She spit harshly.

I hesitated at first,still wondering how this is happening but then I relaxed and calmly said "Im Fexi" I paused and looked at her awaiting eyes, "do i know you?"

"that doesn't matter" she softly spoke.

"Hey! Thats not fair I told you my name!" My fur rising.

She let out a chuckle "Calm down," she paused to look at my angry stance "It's Mizzi"

I looked away annoyed.

"Look, i won't hurt you anymore, just let me see those tears" Mizzi sweeps her paw across my cheek making my fur stand up.

"Fexi I want to help you" she sighed.

"Really? Now that you know I have a special ability you want to help? How about no!" I shook my head.

"Calm down kid, I just know about this kind of stuff....i can actually help you" she stomped down on the ground.

I rolled my eyes. She snaked closer to me and scraped her claw gently across my chin.

"If I was a little runt like you, I'd follow the one who knows how to survive in the woods!...and stay away from the king" she hissed.

She had disappeared into the woods leaving me lost. Should i follow? Should i go my own way?

She was right. I was a runt, I needed someone like her to help me. Limping towards the woods I started to think, what king?