Chapter 4

As we walked out of Chem I laughed at Joey as he frantically tried to rub the blue goo off of his face and out of his hair. He had added the wrong powders into our project and it had exploded onto him. Luckily I had been over a few desks away, grabbing some test tubes.

"Oh shut it!" Joey said laughing slightly too.

"Here." I say. I pull my sweater's sleeve down more and then raise my hand and rub some of the gue off of his cheek. He smiles at me. I give a small smile back as I clean some more of the stuff off gently.

"Hey, Moore!" I hear from behind me and spin around. Oh no. Its Clarissa and her gang.

"Um, C-Clarissa." I say nervously. I see Joey frowning and looking confused at my worriedness.

"Oh, hey Joey." She says flirtatiously as she reaches us, batting her eyelashes at him. He gives a nod of greeting, still looking abit confused.

"If you dont mind, we need to have a little...talk with Katniss here." She said and before Joey could reply she grabbed my arm and yanked me away. I was about to pull away but Jamie grabbed my other arm. Just as we were turning the corner to another hallway I looked back and gave Joey a frantic look. He saw the look and started hurrying after us but was blocked by a group of Sophomores flooding out of their classes as the bell rang.

"I told you to stay away from him Moore!" Clarissa said.

"Yeah!" Sarah said.

"But you didnt listen did you?"

"No she did not!" Sarah exclaimed.

"And now your going to have to pay the consequences!" Clarissa finished.

"Yeah! You have to pay!" Sarah said.

"Sarah, shut up." Clarissa snapped and Sarah immediately shut her mouth.

"Let go of me!" i said trying to tug my arm away but failing.

"Nope! We warned you Katniss. You should learn to listen to warnings." she said then opened the doors and they started dragging me towards the football feilds. Uh-Oh. I knew exactly what they were going to do.

"Dont! Please no!" I said as they dragged me towards the old locker rooms nobody used anymore.

"Too bad Moore! You should have listened!" Jamie said.

I wasnt going to get out of this. Oh god.

................................................................................................................................................

"Alright! Great Job team! Hit the showers!" Coach Brum yelled to his football players. They all headed to the locker room and washed up, then changed and headed out with their bags, joking around as they made their way back across the feild towards their cars.

One of the players, Joey Richter, took a different direction though. He was going back towards the school. He was worried about his friend, Katniss. She hadnt come back after Clarissa had dragged her away.

As he was going past the old locker rooms he heard a soft sobbing. Concerned and Curious, he looked around and didnt see anybody so he went inside. When he got inside he ran forward.

There, huddled in a ball in the corner was Katniss. She was soaking wet, hair in knots, her clothes were slightly torn, and her glasses lay next to her, both shattered and snapped in half.

He kneeled down next to her. "Katniss! Are you alright!? What happened to you?" he demanded. She just shook her head and kept crying. He picked her up and grabbed her glasses off the floor.

She huddled into his chest as he carried her out of the locker room and towards his pickup truck. He opened the passenger side door and sat her down on the seat. It was a booth seat so he slid in next to her.

He wrapped an arm around her and let her cry into his shoulder.

"Katniss?" he said softly. "What happened?"

She took a shaky breath and started to explain.

~earlier that day, Katniss's P.O.v.~

"You were looking at Joey. So first we're taking away your sight!" Clarissa said. They had thrown me to the ground in a corner, making me twist my ankle then stepping on it. I couldnt move it without wanting to cry out in pain.

She grabbed my glasses from my face and snapped them in half, tossed them to the ground and Jamie stepped on them, making them shatter. Everything was now blurry.

"Next, we think that your looking a bit under-moisturized. Your skin is /way/ to dry!" she said and Jaime turned on the water in one of the sinks. They clogged the drain so it would fill. Then Clarissa grabbed a fist-full of my hair and shoved my face into the water. She held me there for about 5 seconds while I thrashed then lifted me up. I took a gasp of air then she did it again. She did this about 5 times then threw me back in the corner.

"Next, your clothes are /hidious!/ lets take care of that!" Then she grabbed the front of my shirt at the seam and ripped it. They continued ripping my sweat shirt and parts of my jeans.

"Ugh, you smell! Lets give you a shower!" Sarah said, grabbed my shirt and hauled me up, making me cry out in pain from my ankle. She dragged me over to the showers and threw me in, then turned the water in, soaking me in freezing cold water. Then she switched it to burning hot and back to freezing cold. After a few minutes they stopped.

"Hm, I think that she needs a new hair do." Jamie said. They came forward and started pulling my hair and knotting it up.

"There, I think thats good. See you around Biitch." Clarissa said as they threw me back down again and they turned, leaving me there not able to see, soaking wet, freezing cold, hurt, clothes torn, and with knotted hair and a aching head. I huddled up in a ball and cried.

~Now, Katniss's P.O.V.~

As I finished Joey wrapped his arms around me and I cried into his chest. He rubbed my back soothingly.

"Those Bitches! I cant believe they would actually do something like that to you!" he said.

"Thank you. For helping me." I said quietly.

"Of course Katniss. And dont worry. I'm gonna keep them away from you Okay? Im gonna protect you Kat." he said.

"Thank you." I said again. He nodded and scooted furthur down the seat to the drivers position. He pulled me over so that I was leaning against him and wrapped one arm around my shoulders as he started up the car and pulled out.

"Thats what friends do." he said with a small smile at me. I gave him a weak smile back.

That word played through my mind again. Friends.