chapter 7

I walked inside and listened for my Aunt. I didnt hear anything. She must still be at work. Thank goodness.

I went upstairs and changed into a pair of pajama's then went into the bathroom and made my hair messy, looking in the mirror to make sure it looked like I had been in bed all day.

A few minutes later I looked good enough so I went and layed in bed. About 5 minutes later I heard my Aunt come in the front.

"KATNISS!!!" I heard her yell out. She came up the stairs and opened the door of my room.

"I got a call from school that you werent at school today! Where were you!?" She demanded.

"I was sick Aunt Jane. Im sorry. I forgot to call the school." I said. Her face softened and she came and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Oh, Im sorry for yelling dear. How are you feeling now?" she asked. I gave her a small smile.

"Loads better. I guess I just needed some rest." I said and she smiled at me.

"Well, Im glad your feeling better. Now, I have some paperwork to do for the office so I have to go....again." she laughed. "It seems like work is keeping me away alot. I'll be home late. Probably around 11 o'clock. Theres alot of marketing issues going on right now and I have to help sort them out. I love you." she said as she got up and kissed my forhead.

"Love you too." I said as she walked out of the room. I waited untill i heard her going downstairs then jumped up, grinning and went over to my desk. The days exilleration was still coarsing through me.

I brushed my hair out again then changed back into my clothes from today, not wanting to stay in my PJ's.

I then grabbed my notebook and went downstairs. I lay down on the couch and started sketching. I drew Joey, I made sure to make him with his goofy, crooked grin that he always had and seemed to edmitt a happiness and bubbliness that couldnt help but make you smile when you saw it. I also made his brown eyes with the sparkle of brightness they always had. Anybody that saw Joey Richter could see that he was a happy, nice, and funny guy. Definately the best friend that I could ever have.

When I was done with that I drew him with me on his back, mid-jump over the theatre seats, laughing like we had been earlier. I finished that drawing, setting, shades, and all at about 8'clock. (Drawing detailed things like this doenst just take 5 minutes people! lol)

I still had a desire to draw though so next I drew a picture of my parents, standing with my fathers arm around my mother. I had them memorized in this stance, because the only picture I had of them wasw them standing there like this. I felt tears rolling down my face as I added the detail onto the sketch. My Fathers juberant smile, my mothers young, beautiful features, my dads handsome face, mom's sparkling, happy eyes. When I was done I sat there and looked at the sketch, tears dropping from my face.

But then the doorbell rang and I was jerked from my reverie. I stood up, set the notebook down and wipped my eyes as I walked to the front door. I opened it and was surprised to see that Joey was standing there...again.

"Do you have a habit of always showing up?" I asked with a small smile. He didnt smile though.

"Why are you crying?" he asked.

"I-Im not." I said.

"Yes, you are. Whats wrong Kat?" he asked. I sighed and opened the door wider, stepping to the side so he could come in. He walked in and I lead him in the living room. I sat down on the couch and he sat next to me. He was still looking concerned.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"First tell me why you're crying." he said. I closed my eyes for a minute then picked up my notebook and handed it to him. He looked at the page it was on, the picture of my parents.