Chapter 3

Math and Social Studies flew by, more review days, and it was time for another Gym session. *Sigh*

I walked into the locker room and was about to go to my locker but unlike usual when everyone ignored me 3 girls came up to me, blocking my way.

They were Clarissa, Jamie, and Susan. They were the popular girls and it was their mission to make my life a living hell. Clarissa was kind of the leader of the gang. Head Cheerleader, wore small,tight outfits and flirted with every guy in sight. She had long blonde hair, was about 5ft 10in, and wore alot of make-up. She was a stuck up snobby biitch.

Next was Jamie. She was on the short side, had dark brown hair and practically idoled Clarissa. She was a snob as well and anything Clarissa did she did. She was like a lost little puppy that had found a home with Clarissa. A vicious puppy.

Then there was Susan. She used to be nice untill when in Sophomore year she tried out for Cheerleading and Clarissa got a hold of her. Now shes just as bad as her. Maybe even worse then Jamie. She had dirty blonde hair, more on the brown side, and was average height.

I froze. "What?" I asked when they wouldnt let me through.

"Your hanging out with Joey to much." Clarissa said. I looked at her confused.

"Joey Richter is /my/ guy! So just stay away from him you little fugly as.s!" She said and shoved me to the side, knocking me into the locker, as she strutted past me. The others smirked at me as they past.

I took a deep breath, keeping my eyes down and hurried over to my locker. I quickly changed and walked out. I saw them glaring at me and I sat even furthur away from everyone else than usual.

I felt somebody sit on the bleachers next to me and looked up. It was Joey again.

"I dont think you shou-" I started glancing towards Clarissa who was now sending daggers in my direction. He cut me off.

"Why are you sitting alone?" He asked. I sighed.

"I already explained this Joseph. People dont like me." I said. He frowned.

"A) Joey. Everyone calls me Joey. not Joseph. B) I like you. Im a person. and C) People cant get to know you, to like you if you dont try to interact with them!" I just stared at him for a moment then shook my head.

"A) sorry. B) Yes your a person but I dont know why in hell you would like me and C) I cant. People bully me, they dont /want/ me to interact with them." I explained. He was about to talk again but then Coach walked in.

"Alright! Today we're gonna-" he started but was cut off by the intercom.

"All High School Varsity Cheerleaders, please report to Mrs.Zuko's room at this time." The secretary said over the loud speaker. Coach waved his hand at the girls and alot of them stood up, walking out of the gym. Clarissa, Jaime, and Susan walked, swaying their hips as they went, winking at some of the guys. Sluts.

"Well, sinse we just lost most of the girls in the class, I guess we'll have a free day." Coach said. Everyone but me cheered.

"Hey Joey!" Brian called, "Come on! We're gonna have a basetball match!" Joey nodded and held his hand up, signaling for a minute.

"Well, Guess I got to go." then he grinned, "Watch me in my eliment Kat." he joked then went down on the gym floor. I watched as he walked over to the other guys, and they picked teams then got in their positions.

I watched for a few minutes and soon Joey had already made a three-pointer and a lay-up. I then took out my notebook and a pencil.

I started sketching, looking up every once and a while to look at the game. About a half-hour later Coach told everyone they needed to go get dressed. I did so and when I got back out I was surprised to see that Joey was standing near the girls locker room waiting for me.