Chapter 8

•Sonic•

Sonic growled angrily, throwing and smashing anything he could get his hands on. Vases, lamps, tables, everything was fair game right now. He was literally fuming.

"Why is she being so goddamn stubborn?!"

Sonic kicked a nearby chair and ripped one of its legs off. The chair made a terrible sound, almost as if it were screaming in pain. He growled and snapped the leg in half. The snap was nearly as loud as the chairs screams. Sonic slid to the floor, panting.

"Can't she see I'm trying to protect her?" Sonic stood back up and dusted himself off. "Oh well, she'll have to get used to this." He rubbed his head and looked around at the mess he had created. He scratched his neck and walked out of the room. The door slammed shut behind him.

"Tails!" He shouted as he walked upstairs. Sonic growled and walked on through the hallway. He paused outside of Amy's room.

"... Amy, you can't stay mad at Sonic."

"I'm not mad at him, not a lot at least. I feel numb. Years ago he nearly killed his best friend because he claimed to not be a killer, and now he is."

"He killed to protect you, he couldn't stop himself."

"This just feels like too much. I-I understand why he did what he did, and I still love him. I'd just like a restart." Sonic wasn't sure how to feel at this conversation. "A restart?" Sonic whispered to himself. "What the hell does that mean?!" Sonic knocked on the door, more loudly than he had intended.

"Come on in." Amy said quietly. Sonic opened the door. The lights were still turned off, the only light in the room was from the window and Sonic's glowing white eyes. Tails was leaning against Amy's bed. Amy was sitting up, holding the blankets close to her. Sonic felt immediately guilty for his earlier actions. "The last thing Amy needs is me to worry her." He thought, stepping closer to the bed.

"Amy... I-I... I'm sorry."

Amy smiled, shaking her head at him. "It's alright, I forgive you, you were just mad, and you still are." She sighed quietly. "It's going to be alright though, okay?" Sonic nodded and hugged her tightly. "You're precious, Amy. You're the only reason I'm not truly insane." He laughed. "Unless I actually am insane..."

Amy kissed his nose, smiling at him. "I love you." She told him. "I love you more." Sonic teased her, but meant it sincerely. Amy giggled at him, then said, "I doubt that."

•Knuckles•

Knuckles picked up his cellphone, quickly dialing his wife's number. "Tikal?" He said worriedly. "Knuckles? Oh thank goodness! Are you okay?" She asked, her voice shaking. "Yes, yes, I'm perfectly fine. Are you still safe? How are my men treating you?"

"I'm safe, no one's found me, and the men are doing their jobs."

They both paused to let out a breath of relief. "I love you, Tikal, I promise this'll all be over soon." Knuckles said through the phone, his voice calm and steady. "What? It's not over? How could he survive that many men?" Tikal asked, completely shocked. "How many did he kill? Knuckles, it's not possible to-"

"Calm down, Tikal, calm down. He injured more than actually killed." While that was true, Knuckles knew Sonic had killed about 20 men in total, but he couldn't tell Tikal that. "You'll stay safe, won't you? I have to go... I'll call you as soon as I can."

"I love you..." Tikal said, her voice shaky. "I love you, too. Stay safe." Knuckles hung up and sighed, rubbing his temples and growling slightly. "Time to get back to work."

Knuckles walked out of the dark room he had been in. Outside the door were two tall lions. "Spade, Con, go get some information for me. Go see if you can find out where our old friend is hiding out." Spade and Con nodded, leaving their positions.

Knuckles walked down the cold hallway to another room. Inside the room had a moist air to it, one tiny lightbulb lit up not even half of the room, and in the corner some type of liquid dripped from the ceiling. However, the uncomfortable bed in the center of the room really brought the it together.

He sat down on the side of the bed, hearing it's mattress creak. Once again, Knuckles pulled out his phone. "***-***-****" Knuckles thought, pushing in each number.

"Hello?" Came a small dainty female voice. "Yes, is this Möbius Prison?" Knuckles asked politely. "Yes Sir, if you'd like to talk to an inmate, send a letter to-"

"Oh! No, no, no! You misunderstand me, Miss. I know of the location of one of your runaway inmates." Knuckles chuckled at her.

Silence.

"Hello?" Knuckles said, actually a little confused. "Sorry, Sir, it seemed we lost connection for a moment. What did you say?"

"I know of the whereabouts of one of your prisoners, Sonic T. Hedgehog."

"One moment, please."

About a minute later, the lady's voice was back. "The warden would like to talk to you, face-to-face, as soon as possible."

"I understand, tell him to find me at-*insert random address*."

"Yes, Dr. Eggman will be able to meet you in about a day. Further information will be sent to your phone."

"Thank you, miss...?"

"I'm Maria, and thank you for finding Sonic The Hedgehog."

Knuckles hung up and smiled, delighted that he would finally be ruining his rivals life. "He's going to understand loss now." Knuckles laughed out loud. "He made a terrible mistake stealing from me." His mouth spread into a wide grin.

"That Sonic...I'll take delight in watching his world crumble in my hands."

Knuckles' mind raced, how was he going to be able to capture Sonic? Stealing Amy only seemed to damage himself. "We shot her in the fu**ing leg, but it seemed to cause a reaction out of Sonic. Maybe next time... her wounds will be fatal."

______________________
Hey guys! So funny story...
I actually had this part done for two days and was wondering why no one was voting or commenting, so I checked it...

TURNS OUT I HADNT PUBLISHED IT SO LONG STORY SHORT-

Oops.

ANYWAYS-

I hope you all have had a wonderful day and fun week! What did you guys think about this chapter? It was actually kinda boring and I literally am so disgraced by my work on this chapter.

ALSO-

Don't forget that Halloween is soon! I'm thinking about doing a SonAmy Halloween Oneshot, but who knows if I'll actually do it.

Remember to leave a vote and comment some music options!