Chapter 2

•Knuckles•

"A party? Tikal, I have a lot on my plate right now. We don't have time for a party."

"But Knux! Please? We can dance like we used to." Tikal ran up and grabbed his hands. She smiled innocently at him and placed his hands on her sides, they both began to sway together. Knuckles smiled, he couldn't help a small laugh that followed. "Alright, one party, for you, then I really have to work."

Knuckles kissed Tikal's neck with a happy smile. "I'd do anything for you, you know that right?" He asked her. Tikal smiled up at him, "I know, and I'd do anything for you."

They gave each other a passionate kiss. "Go on now, we'll go shopping for party decorations in half an hour."

Tikal left the room, leaving Knuckles alone in his office. He let out a small sigh and looked at all the paperwork on his desk. "I don't have time for a party, why did I let her convince me otherwise?"

Knuckles collected a few papers and sorted them out in most important to get done. He immediately got started by placing on his reading glasses and signing onto his computer. He pressed a button on his desk.

"Yes sir?" Came a female voice through an intercom. "Send a few guards upstairs to my office, I have a job to ask of them."

"Right away, sir."

•Amy•

The shop was back to original numbers of costumers. About 15 every hour, most were males wanting to "woo" a lady. Sometimes a few married guys would come in, getting flowers for an anniversary, birthday, ect.

Cosmo and Amy took turn working with the register. Each two hours, they'd switch roles. Amy was currently off the register and checking the saturation of some soils. The bell, which signaled a costumer coming in, rang.

Amy turned to see a tall red echidna standing in the doorway. He looked very sophisticated young man, dressed in a suit and tie. Beside him, stood a woman much, much shorter than he was. She, too, looked sophisticated. She wore a nice black skirt and a pretty black with grey strips top.

"Hello, welcome!" Amy smiled politely. "I'm Amy, owner of the shop, if you have any questions come to me." She said sweetly.

"Thank you", the man said, placing his arm around the woman beside him. "Go on, pick whatever you want." He told her.

Amy watched the lady walk around, inspecting every flower she came across. "May I help you?" Amy asked her. "Oh, uhm... Yes, please. You see, I'm having a party and I need a lot of flowers to decorate the place with. The lady pulled out her phone and showed Amy a picture on her phone.

"Hmm... It seems your house is mostly red. I'd suggest some of our black roses and those purple flowers over there." Amy told her with a big smile. "Are there any gold flowers?" Amy heard her ask. "Yes, they're outside the door, to the left."

"Thank you!"

Amy went back to work, humming a quiet tone as she did. Behind her, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see Cosmo, her eyes sparkling. "What's got you so worked up?" Amy asked her, genuinely confused.

"Do you not know who that is?" Cosmo asked her in a whisper-yell. "No, not exactly... They look rich though." Amy told her. "You must live under a rock. Oh Emi, you poor, poor thing." Cosmo shook her head.

"That-" she said, pointing at the tall red echidna. "Is the richest, most powerful man in the entire country, Knuckles. Some say he was involved in the mafia when he was younger." She whispered as quietly as she could to Amy.

Amy snorted and couldn't help a laugh come out of her mouth. "You make me laugh, Cosmo."

"I'm not kidding, Emi!" Cosmo told her in a serious tone. Amy simple brushed past the idea. "I think Mr. Knuckles' wife is done picking out her flowers, go back to the register." Cosmo crossed her arms and 'huffed' on her way back to the register.

Amy listened to the conversation between Knuckles' wife and Cosmo. "Thank you so much for your help, you're welcome to come to our party. Here's a card, you'll need it to enter." Cosmo's face turned pale. "R-Really?"

"Of course, oh-" his wife caught sight of Amy. "-and here you go, too." She handed her a card. "For helping me so much. In about an hour a truck will be here to take the orders."

"Thank you so much, but I have to decline, Mrs...?"

"Tikal."

"Mrs. Tikal, I'm very sorry."

Tikal looked slightly disappointed. "Why won't you be coming?" She asked Amy. "I have a very overprotective husband, and he has a friend staying at our house, so-"

"They must attend too! Here-" Tikal dig through her purse for a moment. "-Take these two cards for your husband and his friend." Amy hesitated taking the cards, but she gave in and took them anyways.

"Thank you, I'm sure he'll be happy to go somewhere with me again." Amy said to Tikal. "No problem at all, I love to spread the happiness." Then, Tikal leaned in closer to Amy. "And I know what it feels like to have an overprotective husband." They both laughed at that with a smile.

"Well, we best be off now. Goodbye now, hope to see you at the party!" Tikal waved a friendly goodbye as Knuckles walked outside with her. Amy looked down at the cards.

"I hope Sonic will let us go..."

__________________________
How was it? Stuff is starting to get started! Everything is going down next chapter! So get buckled up!