Chapter 16

There were triple the amount of guards at the entrance to the camp. As they drove back to Bischoff, they passed by many armed guards, patrolling the street. Christina dropped the three of them off and then quickly rushed away, stating that she had to go meet with Caldwell. When Piper and the other two got inside the building, it was loud and busy. And by busy, it was busy with the typical teenage scene. It still shocked Piper at how such a serious job as ATLAS has these kickback teens working for them.

There was another movie playing in the main room, many people gathered around to watch. Logan had gathered a couple of others, including Red and Ennis, to make a giant pyramid made entirely of soda cans. The group were downing their drinks quickly and going around stealing others cans. The tables were again pulled out with small groups chatting around them. Also set up in the main room was a small net on the floor with a small group playing a game with a ball and the net. They were bouncing the ball off the ground, onto the net and then an opposite player would do the same. They were doing crazy and weird tricks, but everyone watching was well into the game. Everyone was adorned in the same clothing they had worn when they attended the DC mission. Piper didn't wear one of the uniforms fully, just the jacket. She looked more closely at what they wore. They had slick black pants and black jackets with light blue shirts underneath. Across the jacket was a red sash, and on the sash were patches. Everyone had the same black badge, but here and there some had extra details. Some had silver badges on their sashes, others lightning bolt on theirs, others a pink ribbon, and more various things. But every uniform had the same ATLAS seal on the sash. Wren led Piper and Jon to one of the tables being occupied by Audrey, Raven, and Charlie. They all perked up when the three joined them.

"The president?" Wren immediately asked, pulling a chair next to Raven. Piper and Jon also sat down around the table. Raven sat up straight and focused.

Piper hadn't spoken to her much. Piper got the sense Raven couldn't really stand her. Raven has this whole official physique about her that Piper doesn't trust. When she isn't around Charlie or Audrey, she's always around Brannon. He talks to her a bit about battle strategies. Piper has seen her power. Speed Strike. Most members here use a gun as a preferred weapon of choice, but Raven has a katana. Piper saw her practicing once. Brannon fired six random and quick gun shots her and Raven hit every one of them with her sword. She looks so official and in charge around camp but has a terrifying power, almost tempting people to come and fight her.

"No one is quite sure why. No one knew, not even Brannon. Typically, with an official meeting like this, the leader of the team is asked to sit in on the meeting, but Caldwell was very clear that no one is allowed to be in the room who isn't asked. We got dressed, stood official and waiting, President Greene showed up, and that was it. Now we wait here for whenever they're done with the meeting."

"And no one has any idea what the meeting is about?" Wren pressed. There was a glance shared between Charlie, Audrey, and Raven. It was Charlie who spoke up.

"Only rumors have been spread. No one knows for sure. Most popular rumor is that it's about you." Charlie pointed to Piper.

"Me?" Piper asked.

"Your uncle Remus was one of the main people President Greene was talking with. He, Caldwell, Don, and the President were very quiet when speaking." Raven said, giving Piper a cool stare down.

"But it doesn't mean anything," Audrey interjected. "Remus is one of the camps most well-known agents. He travels all over the country on missions. It's to be expected that he be so close to a meeting delicate as this."