Chapter 12

Marshall's POV

As we entered the candy kingdom, I grabbed Fi's shaking hand. This time I wouldn't let go.

We made our way to where we were told Gumball was, and sat down across from him on the comfy pink couches.

"What can I help you with Fionna?" Gumball asked, his voice croaking. He looked a mess, his eyes bloodshot and lifeless, the ghost of a smile on his face.

I almost felt bad for him.

"Well... The.." Fionna sighed, Taking a deep breath she continued. "The proposal."

Gumball slowly rose his head. "Excuse me?" He said, shocked.

"I'll be your wife." Fionna whispered, not making eye contact.

"This is gre-" he began, obviously excited. This pissed me off obviously.

"But there's one more thing." Fiona said sternly. Making eye contact with the pink prince.

"I'm not breaking up with Marshall lee."

"B-Breaking up?"

"Yes." She smiled and squeezed my hand.

I smiled slightly and gave a nod to Gumball.

"That should be... Okay." He said slowly, frustration rang in his voice.

"It's only a title." She sighed.

"Yes b-" He began

"Nothing more." She said raising her voice slightly.

"Yes, only a title." Gumball quietly agreed. I smirked, earning a death glare from Gumwad

"Well Gumwad, uh bye." I smirked, picking Fionna out and flying out the open window.

*****

FIONA'S POV.

As Marshall and I sat down in the long, overgrown grass in our 'secret meadow' I pondered wether I should ask him about his past, after a minute of thinking I plucked up the courage.

"Marshall?" I said, quietly.

Marshall immediately stopped strumming his axe and looked round at me.

"Yeah Fi?"

"What happened in the past.. Between you and..."

"Gumball." He finished

"You don't have to say if you don't want to.." A ghost of a smile made its way onto my lips. "I'm just curious."

"No it's okay, I suppose I owe you an explanation." Marshall chuckled

I shrugged my shoulders

"Well..." He began

"About a eighty years ago, I met this girl, her name was Misty, she was also a vampire, one morning she told me she was going out for a walk and left my house, about five minutes or so from there I heard her scream, I rushed out to the front of my cave and..."

He paused for a second, I gave him an encouraging smile.

"There was King Gumball, prince Gumwads grandfather." He said looking down. "He had killed her, he snatched her umbrella and let her burn, kicking her in the head and stomach continually." He sighed.

"That's horrible, but that..."

"Not finished Fi." He smirked

"We'll I killed him." He whispered. "And then when I had gotten on good terms with the kingdom years later, Gumball was my friend, a good fiend too. Then one day he brought up Misty, taking the piss out of me for it. I killed his girlfriend to see how he liked it. I guess it went from there..." He sighed

"I'm sorry Fi." He looked down

"Don't be.. Your not like that now. It was in the past so it's okay." I smiled at him, nothing would change my opinion of Marshall, nothing.

-----------

Not spellchecked/proof read Etc

I hope you liked that, I don't like this chapter, I dunno.

Thank you for reading :)

- Ashley x