Chapter Fourteen.

Poisonous: Ch. 14

"Come again?" I said, not understanding it fully.

"God damn it, Zanos. Alejandro didn't want you to know because he didn't trust you at all. Everyone knew but you. We broke up because he decided that he wouldn't try to pursue you anymore. It was like a game, he would try to see how far he got with you. You were naive so you wouldn't have guessed it." She said and her widened when she realized what she said.

Huh?

What?

Did I hear her correctly?

Everyone but me knew that Alejandro was gay and everyone but me knew he was only trying to get with me to see how far he could get with the great Zanos Zhukarti? My own best friend knew about this and he tried pushing me over to get with him?

So all this time we've been friends, he wanted nothing but to get in my pants and fuck me? My own best friend knew that Alejandro was pretending to be in love with me and didn't tell me? Wait, was he even in love with me or was it just all a game?

That hurt me, whether or not I wanted it to. My heart dropped down into my stomach and I was left with a queasy feeling. The feeling of heartbreak. My breath felt tight and my chest squeezed. I felt hurt, I felt pain inside of me, I felt betrayed. Was I not that good enough for him, that he had to go and break my heart like that?

He had finally gotten me to fall for him, only to find out that it was all a lie?

Nothing could stop the internal suffering. I felt the urge to cry along with my heart when it broke into a thousand tiny pieces left for no repair.

But most of all, I was livid.

I stood up, full of rage. "You let me fucking think that he broke your heart for all these years I've hated him?!" I marched over to the door, swinging it open. "Zanos wait--"

"No FUCK waiting! You waited all these years to tell me this. FUCK YOU!" I stormed out of the room, nothing but anger on my mind.

Alejandro couldn't trust me, but he was doing a whole lot of trying to get me to date him. But you couldn't trust the one you were dating. This was a game to him? My feelings were nothing but a pawn to him? My heart was nothing but trash to him? Oh hell no. I got words for him.

When I was out of the hotel, I pulled out my phone and dialed his number.

"Hello babe?"

"Alejandro motherfucking Ivanov, you better say your god damn prayers because I'm gonna kick your fucking ass!" I snarled into the phone. "What's wrong?" He asked as I got into the car. "Oh what's wrong? Oh, Zeria just told me the reason why you guys broke up. It was never nothing between you guys, huh?" I questioned. "So I was just a game to you, Alejandro?" I chuckled humorlessly. "You didn't tell me anything that happened with you because you wanted to see how far you could get with me." I breathed out and his breath hitched.

"Zanos I--

"Well I got words for you motherfucker! Get far with this, because we are fucking DONE! After this case is done, do not fucking speak to me again as long as I live or I will, so help me god, fuck you up!" I wasn't gonna shout or scream at him. He didn't deserve my voice. I hung up on him and hit the steering wheel with my hand. How could he do me like that? After all these years we've been friends, why would I do something like that to him? I was just a game to him and he thought he could win me over and that'd be a great accomplishment?

And my own best friend knew.

Dominic, you knew all this time about Zeria and Alejandro but you didn't think once to tell me that I was just a game to him?