Chapter Seven.

Micah Truitt as the second main character, Alejandro Ivanov.

"I should be paid for how many times I give a fuck about people." -Alejandro Michael Ivanov

Poisonous: Ch. 7

"Damn, your boyfriend is hot."

The guy who met us at the door turned out to be the bartender and he had a lot of comments about Alejandro.

I sent a dangerous look over to Alejandro who was walking around, talking to people and pretending like he was some customer here. Yeah, because customers wear suits to bars.

But I knew this was for show, so I had to put on an act.

"Yeah, he's great as well," I sighed, putting my cheek on my palm in an act of despair. "He seems to think I'm still in love with my ex-girlfriend but she died two and half years ago." The bartender John gave me a look of sadness. "I mean, I'm still sad over her death, but all of my attention is on my boyfriend now. He's the one who helped me get out of that funk." I was just straight lying through my teeth now and I hoped that he couldn't tell.

"What was your girlfriend's name?"

I flicked a 'tear' away. "Her name was Maria. Maria Sanchez. At the time, we were on a break and I told her she could see other guys to see if anything worked out with them. People thought it was weird to still be dating her while she's dating other people." I threw that in there just in case he saw her here with a guy that most definitely didn't look like me.

"Do you have a picture of her?" He asked and I nodded, pulling out my phone and going to my photos.

"This is her."

He took one good look at the picture and he whistled. "I remember seeing her that night. She was with a guy who had black hair and blue eyes like a total Andy Biersack look," When he said that, I immediately knew it matched the picture of Alexander Parker, her boyfriend at the time. "She was also with some friends too but one girl stayed by her side the whole time." He said as he cleaned off a glass.

"Do you know who she was or what she looked like?" I raised an eyebrow. That was a first I've heard of this girl but this could also help us. "No, she was really silent and awkward. She did look like Maria a lot. Maybe they could be related."

Man, this guy is just helping me out so much with this case.

"Hey babe."

My happiness just shot down and I am now pissed.

"Yes?" I hissed, trying to keep up with this facade of a happy couple, but inside I wanted to throttle him. "Are you ready to go?" Alejandro winked at me. "My mom wants us to meet her and get some breakfast." He smiled and I huffed.

"Yeah sure. Thank you John, for your time." I smiled sincerely at him because he didn't piss me off.

"Yeah, no problem cutie." He smirked at me and I grinned, laughing internally. I mean, I find myself cute so it wasn't a problem to accept compliments. Well, it was a problem to Alejandro.

"I'd appreciate it if you kept your eyes to yourself and not on him." His grip around my waist tightened and John put up his hands in surrender. "No worries, I was just telling him that he's cute. You're a lucky man." He said cheerfully and Alejandro grinned.

"Is that right?"

I growled lowly and pulled Alejandro so we could start leaving the building.

"Are you jealous Zanos?" He asked and I fought the urge to backhand him. "No fool. You were playing along with his charade of being my boyfriend who is so lucky to have me," I said in a fake girly tone. "I find that weird." I grimaced as we exited the building, heading to his car.