Chapter Seven.

The bus finally turned up and we got on, it was crowded so we were forced to sit in the disabled seats at the front of the bus. I pulled out my phone and started to text Rhys to let him know, like I promised.

I text him telling him the results, that I had no STDs (even though I didn’t think that there would be anyway) and that I was pregnant and he was going to be a Dad. I slipped my phone back into my pocket, I was now nervous about how he was going to react to that news.

“Have you told Rhys?” Sara asked. I nodded.

“Yeah but I don’t know how he’s going to react,” I sighed.

"I don't know either, but I swear; he better be a supportive boyfriend to you, considering you're carrying his baby inside of you at this age." Sara replied. I sighed and we remained in silence till the bus reached my stop, I pressed the bell and got ready to get off.

"Anyway, I'll text you later," I sighed and hugged Sara before standing up and starting to walk to the doors.

"Okay, bye," Sara replied.

The doors opened and I got off, I turned to wave at Sara as the bus pulled away, I started walking to my house. I just wanted to curl up in a ball on the sofa or starfish on my bed and cry and cry and cry until there were no more tears left in my body whatsoever. I didn’t want this to be the way my life would be, having a child whilst I was still a child myself practically, but I knew that I had a lot of growing up to do before the baby arrived. I had the determination to provide this baby with a good life so that I was a mum that they would be proud to have, I had to prove Dr Hillsburgh wrong; I was determined that this would not cause me to fall back into bad habits.

I walked up the driveway to my house and took a deep breath as preparation. I opened the door and stepped foot into the house, my heart was thumping inside of my chest. I could hear my sister’s music blaring from her room; they were all in the house, I sighed and walked upstairs to my bedroom. I slipped the envelope that Sara had given me under my pillow for now and then I just lay on my bed where a few tears began to trickle down my cheek. I wiped the tears away and got back up; I looked at myself in the mirror and wiped the mascara away from under my eyes. I looked at the clothes from last night; all of them were spread across the floor in no particular order. I picked up the t-shirt that Rhys had given me, it smelled of him, I placed it under my pillow along with the envelope, I decided that the t-shirt was too big to wear other than as pyjamas. I then bundled the dirty and smelly clothes that I wore last night and took them downstairs into the kitchen, I threw them in the washing machine and then opened the fridge and grabbed a glass out of the cupboard, I grabbed some orange juice from out of the fridge and filled my glass with it. I gulped it all in one.

My throat had become dry and hoarse, making it hard to talk properly; my voice had gone high pitched and squeaky, I reckoned that this was because of the nerves, which I was bag of right now. I was a living, breathing mess.

My phone buzzed and I pulled it out of my pocket; it was a text from Rhys, I started to smile. It read that he knew that I would pass the STD test with flying colours because I was the first person he had unprotected sex with in his whole life. He then apologised for it because it had landed us in this mess in the first place but he promised that he would be there for me through anything. My heart melted inside my chest, if he kept this up I knew it wouldn’t be long until I was falling for him, even though I had only just met him. I replied and told him not to be embarrassed to admit anything to me and that I was a very lucky person to have such a supportive and understanding boyfriend like him in my life.

I heard footsteps coming nearer to the kitchen; I put my phone away in a rush and swallowed hard. It turned out to be my sister.

“Oh hey, Saph,” she greeted.