Chapter Five.

The bus finally reached my stop; I rushed off and sprinted to the coffee shop as quick as my half-asleep legs would let me. I panted and tried to catch my breath before catching sight of Sara who was sat patiently inside with a cup of what looked like a hot chocolate.

I walked in and sat in front of her, still attempting to catch my breath.

“S-sorry I’m late,” I panted. “The bus was late as usual,”

Sara rolled her eyes.

“Its fine, come on we need to get a move on,” Sara said calmly, she picked up her cup from off the table. “I booked you an appointment because I got so bored waiting for you! Thankfully I booked it late, because I knew you'd be late meeting me!"

I blushed.

“You know me too well,” I sighed. Sara nodded and grabbed my wrist.

“We need to go get the bus, come on!” she exclaimed.

I grumbled.

“I’m really nervous, Sar,” I sighed once more.

“Saph, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous too, we just need to get through this and find out the answer to the question that is playing on our minds right now,” Sara replied. I nodded, as always she was right.

We stood at the bus stop; it started to rain just what we needed.

“I didn’t expect it to rain,” I groaned. Sara laughed.

“It’s England, you should know that the majority of the time it is raining by now,” Sara teased.

The bus finally pulled into the stop and we got on, I rushed to the back to find two free seats side by side so that Sara and I could sit together. It wasn’t a long journey from the coffee shop to the doctors but we had been given free bus passes from college and thought it would be a shame to waste the opportunity of a free bus journey, even though they were only really meant to be used when travelling to or from college.

After a couple of stops I caught sight of the dreaded doctor’s surgery that I was registered with, I groaned and pressed the bell. The bus slowed to a halt and Sara and I jumped off, the rain was heavier by now. Sara linked arms with me and dragged me to encourage me to run with her towards the doctors as fast as we could to get us out of the rain. We reached the automatic doors and rushed into the warm and dry surgery, even though we were only out in the rain for a matter of seconds we were already soaked to the skin. I moaned as I picked my T-shirt off of my stomach, Sara marched me to the desk.

“Hello, Sapphire Johnson to see Dr Hillsburgh at 3:15,” Sara announced, the receptionist was typing away at the keys, probably searching for my name in the millions there were stored away in the Medical Records. I stood there impatiently, my nerves had gotten the better of me and I began to shake like a leaf in the middle of a strong wind.

“Date of birth?” the receptionist asked.

“15th June 1993,” I answered. The receptionist typed it in and nodded.

“Found you, Miss Johnson, please take a seat; the doctor will announce your name over the tannoy when it’s your time to go in,” she smiled. Sara nodded.

“Thank you,” we said in chorus.

We turned to look for a seat in the waiting room; it was full to the brim for once, which was rare for a weekend. I caught a glimpse of two seats next to each other and dragged Sara over to them.

We sat down in the seats, I turned to face Sara.

“I’m so scared,” I sighed, my throat was going dry and I found it difficult to speak.