Chapter Thirteen.

The butterflies began to flutter around my stomach once again, I felt nervous and uneasy all of a sudden. I knew that if Tara didn’t accept my apology, I'd probably be kicked out again today as well as lose my boyfriend meaning that my baby would possibly lose its father for good and I knew that I had no where else to go if that did happen. Ant and I walked to the kitchen with Rhys following behind, the door was shut. I sighed nervously and Ant turned to face me, he looked me in the eyes.

"Saph, you'll be fine, we'll all go in and you just ask if you can talk to Tara, you then just say how you feel. You're terribly sorry for what happened... blah blah," Ant whispered, I smiled and nodded. "Ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be," I sighed.

Ant knocked and opened the door.

"Hope we're not disturbing anything," Ant grinned walking into the kitchen.

"What do you mean ‘we’?" Jake asked.

"Saph, Rhys and I," Ant replied.

"Oh," Jake replied bluntly, looking down his nose at me. I sighed and glanced over at Tara who was sat at the table, shaking. I sighed, waiting for the courage to talk to Tara.

"Don't be harsh," Ant warned.

"I'm not being harsh," Jake replied.

"You are," he answered.

"How am I?"

"By the way you looked at her just then. I know she's made a mistake but she's still our friend!" Ant snapped.

"I know she's still our friend," Jake replied.

"Then fucking act like it!" Ant growled.

"Ant calm down, there's already been enough drama this morning," I sighed. I turned my attention to Jake, I tried to smile at him but he refused to make eye contact with me. I knew what I had done was a mistake, why couldn't Jake understand that I was sorry?

I finally picked up the courage to speak to Tara.

"Tara," I croaked, Tara looked up and looked at me, I could see the fear in her eyes.

"Y-yes?" she stuttered.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked calmly, Tara looked around the room; she was still shaking, I must have really scared her, Tara wasn't normally the type to show fear or any emotions around people, she was a closed book.

"W-what about?" she asked.

"Nothing serious," I replied.

"Sapphire," Jake warned. I sighed and walked over to Jake, I went as close to him as he would allow me.

"I'm going to apologize," I whispered.

"Are you really? Or are you just saying that to make me forgive you?" he asked.

"I truly mean it, Jake. What do you think I am some monster or something?" I replied. Jake shrugged.

"At the moment I don't know who you are," he answered, I sighed and backed away from Jake, I glanced over at Ant; who looked at me and flashed a reassuring smile, he then nodded as if to say "go on, it's your chance to fix things,". I swallowed hard and walked over to Tara; I pulled up a seat at the table and looked her in the eyes she was shaking like a leaf in a strong breeze. Rhys was stood in the doorway watching the whole thing unfold.

"Can we have some privacy please?" I asked, longing for the lads to leave us to it, it felt as if they were watching my every move; I felt isolated and trapped under the watchful eye of Jake and Rhys, Ant nodded and dragged Jake out of the kitchen and closed the door so none of them could see what was happening.