Chapter 9

I wake up in Anna's room to her typing furiously. "It's only 6 in the morning, what are you doing?" I whisper sleepily, trying to not wake Anna's family. "Just texting." She answers, her face looking really mad. I climb up into her bed and read over her shoulder. "Anna!" I yell-whisper (is that a thing?) "Why are you texting Stella? I told you last night that I was going to talk to her today!" I say, a little irritated. "I'm sorry. I was just trying to help." Anna's face drops to a frown, and all I can do is hug her. "It's ok, Anna-banana... I'm sorry I got upset." She hugs me back and smiles. "It's ok. I'm hungry. You want to eat?" I look at her like she's crazy. "It's 6 in the morning, and you want to eat?" Anna then jumps out of her bed, grabs her phone and bolts downstairs. "This is why we're friends." I say, smiling to myself as I tip-toe downstairs, trying not to wake Anna's family. "Ha! I knew that you would follow me down here!" She says, almost yelling. "Shh" I say, thinking of her sleeping parents. "You'll wake the beasts." We both laugh, then Anna asks, "So... pancakes?" I smile and get out the pan. "Well duh!" She giggles and gets out the pancake mix, milk and eggs while I get out the bowl, spoon, spatula, and measuring cups. Anna puts on New Romantics by Taylor Swift and we dance and sing along while cooking the pancakes. When we're done, I help clean up, then we eat the pancakes. "You should go and get your stuff together before your mom gets here." Anna says, taking our plates to the sink. "Ok, I'll be back." I say, walking towards the stairs. When I get to Anna's room, my mom texts me.
(M=mom, K=Kylie)
M; Hey, be there in 5, love ya
K; Kk, I'll be waiting :) love ya
(End)
I grab my ear buds and head downstairs. "Hey, my mom will be here in five minutes. What do you want to do until then?" I ask Anna, sitting down next to her in the kitchen. "I don't know, maybe we could watch The Walking Dead?" I stand up and smile. "Sure. But I won't be able to watch a whole episode." "It's ok, we're the only people in my family who watches it anyways." We walk to Anna's living room and turn on Netflix, then The Walking Dead. "Omg! I totally ship Daryl and Carol!" I say, watching Daryl bring Carol a flower. "Yes! Caryl is one of my favorite ships!" We watch a couple more minutes of the show and hear a  car horn. "It's probably my mom, bye!" I say, giving Anna a hug. "Bye!" She says, waving as she pauses our show and shuts off her TV. I walk out the door and get in the car. "Hey mom!" I say, buckling my seatbelt. "Hey my baby!" She says, smiling. We back out of Anna's driveway and drive off. "Can I ask you something?" I say, thinking. "Yea, what's wrong?" She asks worriedly. "How did dad die?" I start getting teary-eyed. "I told you. He didn't make it through his surgery."
- "I know, but why did he have to have surgery? What was wrong with him?"
- "Oh. Well he had an infection in his intestines, and while the doctors tried to fix it, he didn't survive."
- "Oh."
We sat there in silence until we got home. "Welp. Here we are! Home sweet home." Mom says, trying to brighten things up a little. I smirk, "Yea. Love you mom, I think I'm going to go and watch some TV for now." "Ok, love you hunny."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you guys think of this chapter? Next chapter is going to be about Mack because I kind of just left you guys hanging with his side of the story. (A very helpful person got me to realize that. Thank you!)
If you guys want to have an input in what you want me to do for a chapter, or a new character, DM me or write it in the comments! I will gladly put your ideas in this book!
Thank you guys! Love you! >•<
~SkySky ^.^