"I've decided to become a stripper."

I slam my locker shut and turn around to face my other best friend Nick, with a bored expression and not surprised to see him crouching down low, with his fingers spread out ready to scare me. Although he jumps about a mile in the air himself instead, "Crap! How did you know I was there?"

I usher him closer with my finger, and whisper in his ear. "I'm a wizard."

He folds his arms, and raises his brow. "Prove it."

"Sorry, no magic outside Hogwarts" I shrug and begin to walk away. I hear Nick's familiar chuckle follow behind and he slings his arm around my shoulder.

We soon meet up with Hayley in homeroom where she has saved us two seats beside her at the far back.  She knew I hated sitting at the front - you'd always get 'accidently' spat on by the teacher and even worse, you could never sleep if you got bored. I plop myself beside Hayley, having her on my left, and then Nick on my opposing side. I grin to myself, content. I've gotten the best view to aim my straw-spit gun.

"So Nick, what did you do this summer?" Hayley asks, leaning forward to look past me.

"The same thing you did." He replies slowly. And he wasn't lying - we literally went everywhere together.

"Oh yeah." She tilts her head in realisation. Man, I love Hayley to bits, but sometimes she said the most ridiculous things.

After a few more minutes of talking and greeting the other students (Nick and Hayley, not me) that came in, the chitter-chatter begins to simmers down to a complete silence. However, I don't bother looking up see why, but my best bet is that the teacher has finally graced us with their presence. instead I just pull out my iPod and plug in my earphones, putting the volume on high - I can't be bothered to listen to the whole "Welcome back bulls*t speech", after all it's the same one we hear every year.

I close my eyes and lay my head back, singing along to the lyrics in my head. I am just about to doze off when I feel my earphones being yanked out of my ears.

"No listening to music." I look up and my mouth drops open, this demon did not just do that. "Understand?"

"Who do you think you are?" I glare. "You don't just snatch my earphones from me. " I reach out to take them back, but the idiot raises them away from my grasp.

"You're not supposed to be using these in my class."

I snort. "This isn't a class, this is homeroom. No one cares." Hayley nudges my stomach and I glare at her. "What?"

"Don't talk to the new teacher like that. Be nice." She whispers - and that's when I fully grasp how silent the room actually is. I look around to meet everyone staring,  not at me or at the situation but at him. Like he was some sort of God or something.

"Just put the earphones away or I'll take them." He warns tossing them back unto my desk. He walks back to his desk and sits its edge. "Next time they're going in my pocket."

"Well then next time I'll just break your fingers."

He shakes his head, "Just put them away."

"Say please."

"No"

"Well then I'm not putting them away." I say slumping back into my chair, and just to add spice to the dish, I place them back in my ears.

"That's it, hand them over."

"I can't hear you." I hum, pretending to nod my head to the silence playing through my earphones.

"Don't make this more difficult for yourself.", and in response I just wink and blow him a kiss.

"Get out, now." He motions his head towards the door, but funnily enough at that exact moment the bell rings.