"It's dark and it's not safe."

"Bullsh*t!" I say, throwing my hands up in the air. "He's lying and I know it."

"Just let it go, Hilary." Nick says, handing me over a glass.

"Who the hell is Holly Curtis anyway?" Hayley asks, taking a sip from her own glass.

"I don't know, apparently she's a teacher here."

"Well I've never heard of her before."

"Maybe she's new." Nick shrugs.

"That's true, maybe." Hayley agrees. "We get a bunch of new teachers every year, she must be with the new batch."

"Yeah, 'cause you keep chasing the old ones away." Nicks chuckles, downing his glass.

"But that doesn't explain why he had that file with my name on it in his drawer."

"He's tutoring you, he must have had it to see where you're at with your grades or progress or something."

I swing down my drunk and the acidic liquid burns my throat as it makes its way down.

"You're just overthinking and overreacting."

I furrow my eyebrows. Maybe they were right, maybe I was over reacting - H.C wasn't some stupid secret code name for me, it was for Holly Curtis. The girl who he had a crush on and was trying to impress. "Maybe you're right." I say, outstretching my glass for Nick to refill.

He takes it, refills it, "We are.", and hands it back to me. "He was probably on the phone to one of his mates or something, you know how guys are."

"Yes, they're  idiots." Hayley adds, an annoyed expression etched on her face.

"James still hasn't texted you back?" I ask putting the glass to my lips.

Her shoulders sag, "No."

"Can we just stop talking about boys and get drunk already!" Nicks groans.

I laugh and race over to his kitchen, "Shots! Shots! Shots!"

****
Oscars POV

I shift the gear stick to one, slowing down to let a couple crossing the road go by. The whole week had taken a toll on me and it was beginning to become evident on my face. "I need a holiday."

"You need to be more careful." Clarissa says from besides me.

I roll my eyes, "It was one mistake."

"A mistake that has ended up in me getting a job at her school."

"You could have hired anyone else to play the role." I say, pressing down on the accelerator again. "I know you like staying in the background in operations like these."

"Not in this one, I need to make sure I have a front row view on everything you do."

"So you'll be playing the role of a clingy girlfriend?" I grimace, "Perfect." The last thing I wanted was having her peering over me and criticising my every move. Once she was in your presence, she was like an acne scar that you so badly wanted to get rid of, but couldn't.