"Spongebob?"

His eyes where so blue. So crystal blue.

I couldn't stop staring.

"Sorry..." he mutters. He lets out a breath of air and it tickles my nose. His eyes wander all over my face before finally landing on my lips.

"You should probably go now," I say, gulping.

"Holly, is that you?" My mother calls out. "What was that noise?"

"I'm fine!" I shove Mr. Young off of me and stand up. "I just fell over."

"Is someone else here with you?" She asks, poking her head around my door. "I heard you talking to someone." 

Luckily, Mr. Young is under my bed just as quickly as she appeared. "Nope," I laugh nervously. "Just me."

"You need to stop staying out so late. You always wake me and your father up when you get in."

"Sorry."

"Where do you keep going off to anyway?"

"I just go to Nicks, or Hayley's." I lie. "We have this little book club thing going on."

"Oh really," she straightens up, suddenly really interested. "What book are you guys reading at the moment? Because maybe you guys could team up with my book club and-"

I burst out laughing, "No way."

"Is there something wrong with my book club?"

I stop when I see the hurt expression on her face, "No, it's just that we'd like to keep it small. Makes things easier." I quickly say. A quiet but still audible laugh comes from under the bed. I cough loudly to cover it up, "This cough man, wow, that was a big one."

My mum watches me closely for second then squints, "Have you been drinking?"

"Of course not." 

"You're just acting a bit odd..."

"What, more than she usually does?" My dad appears behind her, yawning. "Can we all go to bed now?"

"I was just telling mum goodnight," I say, moving towards my door to close it.

"But I-" 

"Sleep well!"

Within seconds of closing my door, Mr. Young lets out a chuckle. I drop to my knees to see him holding a pair of my knickers. "Spongebob?"

"Just get out from there, perv."

He slides out. "Hey, I didn't go searching for them. Anyways, I would not have taken you as being a fan of spongebob." 

"And I would not have taken you as being such a perv." I huff, feeling my face go bright red. I don't even wear them anymore.

"Don't be embarrassed" he chuckles, "Spongebob's a cool guy."

"Whatever."

"It's cute."

I put my hands on my hips, "Cute, is what you call a child."

"With the way you behave..." He tuts, shaking his head. 

"You're really starting to get on my nerves."

His mouth twists into a smirk. "Oh, I wasn't before?"

"Another word and I will punch you." I ball my hands up into fists.

"Ooo. Scary."

"I'm going to count to 5, and by the time I get to one, you better be out of here."

"Are you sure you can count back from five?"

"Five."

"Good start..."

"Four."

"I don't want to leave yet." he pouts.

"Three."

"Fine. I won't tell anyone about your weird obsession with Spongebob."

"Two-one!" I launch myself at him "Get out!"

Laughing, he pushes me easily onto the pile of clothes on my bed. "Don't even try to fight me." And but by the time I manage to find my balance and sit up, he is out the door and down the stairs.

****

Monday Morning

I take out the textbooks I need for the day from my locker. I roll my eyes when they land on my chemistry textbook. "Excited to see your boyfriend today?" Hayley asks, waggling her eyebrows.

I slam my locker shut and give her a bored look, "And who is this imaginary boyfriend of mine that I am not aware of?"

"Mr. Young." She says nonchalantly, inspecting her fingers. "That's what I've been hearing you guys are now, anyways."

I roll my eyes and at that moment Nick joins us, "Did I hear that Hilary has a boyfriend?" he asks, bemused.

"Yeah, the new hunk of a teacher!" Hayley giggles, suddenly excited and jumping on her toes.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I huff and leave them to head off in the direction of our homeroom.

"Well he wants to be," Hayley joins me. "You're the only person he pays any attention to."

"I think that'll be because she acts like an absolute tit in the classroom." Nick adds, shaking his head.

"I've been good this whole week!"

"You got a detention on the first day, Hilary."

"Yes, because he was being a tit!"

"You were rudely listening to music in his homeroom, he had every right." Nick shakes his head.

"You secretly his best friend or something?" I mutter. "I don't know why you're defending him so much"

"Hilary? Disrespectful. Never." A whiney voice from behind me sarcastically comments - I turn to see Mrs Rubenstern approaching us.

"I hadn't seen you all last week, I thought they finally got rid of you." I say, faking a smile.

"Unfortunately for you I was actually at a teacher training programme, and now I'm back and better."

"Well let's see... Can I take a pass on this morning's lesson? "

"Don't be ridiculous-"

"Then no, you're still crap."

"You better watch your mouth, Miss-" 

"I hope everything is okay?" I hear Mr Young ask from behind me. I swirl round to meet him and his new teacher 'girlfriend' smiling directly at me.

**sorry for the long wait!

Please comment, vote if you'd still like another chapter update.