Even bigger than Hayley's a**?

"Come on Hilary, let's just go." Hayley nudges me, a pleading look in her eyes.

"Fine," I snap, brushing past Mr. Young and Holly Curtis. I don't miss the smug look Mrs. Rubenstern gives me as I walk away. But it's okay, I left her a nice gift in her office earlier. 

Let's hope she likes the smell of egg farts.

***

Hilary's POV

Chemistry class. As per, Mr. Young is standing at the front, droning on about chemical bonds, his eyes occasionally darting to his pile of notes. I'm slouched in my chair, staring blankly at the periodic table poster on the wall, wondering if it's too late to fake a stomachache or diarrhoea.

I glance at the clock. Time moves slower in here, I swear. Almost like there's someone who hates me slowing down time to make me suffer through these moments longer. I stifle a yawn and daydream about being in physics class instead. At least there, I get to play in my thoughts with the laws of the universe – and let's be real, it's kind of cool, not that I'd ever admit it out loud.

Nick and Hayley are huddled together, whispering about something. Nick's voice is just loud enough for me to catch, "Did Hilary tell you that Mr. Young dropped us home Friday night after the club?"

I roll my eyes so hard I'm afraid they might get stuck. Seriously? They're gossiping about that now?

Hayley's reaction is as subtle as a fire alarm. "What?!" she blurts out, loud enough to make several heads turn, including Mr. Young's.

"Hayley!" Mr. Young's voice cuts through the room like a knife. "Please keep the noise down."

Hayley's face blooms into a bright shade of red, and she sinks into her chair like she's trying to become one with it. Nick and I exchange a glance before snickering under our breaths, trying to keep it low enough to avoid Mr. Young's radar. As Mr. Young turns back to whatever fascinating thing he was doing at the front, Hayley turns on us, her eyes shooting daggers. "Why is it now you tell me?"

Nick just shrugs, his chuckle fading into a smirk. "Honestly, it just slipped my mind." 

That's when Josh, the class's unofficial eavesdropper, decides to join our little soap opera. "Could I get in on the goss'?" he asks, leaning in with a grin that's way too eager.

I turn to face him, putting on my best fake smile. "Sorry, there's no more room in the inn for peasants," I say, my tone dripping with mock superiority.

Josh recoils slightly, looking like I just slapped him with a wet fish. "Why'd you have to be such a b*tch?" he mumbles, but loud enough for us to hear.

Before I can deliver a witty retort, Mr. Young interjects, his voice booming across the room. "If I am interrupted one more time," he warns, "the perpetrators will be back in here during lunch."

"Ooo, okay Mr. Scary Police Man," I whisper back sarcastically. 

"And it would be nice if every time I spoke, you didn't reply with a sarcastic comment," Mr. Young adds, his gaze fixed on me.

"And if I do it again, will you be arresting me?"

"We're sorry," Hayley quickly interjects, sensing the tension rising. "Again."

I lean back in my chair, crossing my arms. "Speak for yourself, Hayley."

Just as Mr. Young is about to continue, the door bursts open. Everyone turns to see a frazzled-looking student, panting heavily. "Mr. Young, you need to come quickly," the student gasps, "It's Holly Curtis... she's collapsed in the hallway."