Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"Bella, wake up!" A masculine voice brought me back to the real world. "Bella!"

My eyes fluttered open to see Connor Stoll, shaking my shoulders. I noticed that his hands were very warm and big. I wondered what my hands would look like intertwined with his.

I blushed at the thought as I sat up. My hair probably looked like a mess.

"What time is it?" I asked, my voice sounding a bit raspy.

"I-it's eight in the morning. I probably should've woken you up earlier, but you were talking in your sleep." Connor said, looking away.

"I do? What did I say?" I asked urgently. If it was anything that related to the dream I was having, that would be totally embarrassing.

Connor smirked. "Oh, nothing. Just about how handsome I looked and how hot I am."

I blushed furiously. Not because I was angry, but because it was the exact same thing that I had thought of in my dream.

Connor laughed out loud. "Just kidding. Your blushes are cute, though."

I blushed even more while I glared at him. "What did I really say?"

Connor shrugged his shoulders. "Something about your mom."

I immediately perked up as I remembered my mom's words. Follow the breeze. What did that even mean?

I must've looked like I was deep in thought because Connor asked, "Your mom talked to you last night?"

I nodded.

"What did she say?" He asked curiously.

I felt my cheeks heat up. "Uh...nothing much. I mean, it probably doesn't mean anything."

Connor looked at me with a raised eyebrow and I knew he didn't believe me. I mean, gods didn't really talk to you for no reason at all.

"Let's leave it, okay? It's for me to figure out. Can we get out of this cave now?"

Connor looked at me for a second, and opened the curtain of fern. Was it just me or did he look disappointed?

"Yep, it's clear now."

"Did the monster lurk around last night when I slept?"

Connor shook his head. "No. I slept two hours after you did."

I nodded my head, not knowing how to respond to that.

Connor cleared his throat. "Right. This way."

We started walking, and I glanced behind me at the rock -which looked normal but was actually a cave. It was a magic cave.

We walked more and more until we started to see a small dirt path and a clearing. After a few minutes, we heard rustling sounds coming from our right.

We instantly turned our heads, drawing out our weapons. It could be a monster.

"It's you guys!" Travis said as he emerged from the bushes.

Connor and I looked taken aback.

"W-where are the others?" Connor asked.

"They're all out looking for you two. Come on, it's best if we probably inform them that I found you." Travis said, taking the lead.

I glanced at Connor, who held an emotionless face. It was weird, seeing him all serious and not grinning or smirking. He looked kind of handsome.

"What's wrong with you today? Cat got your tongue?" I teased Connor.