Chapter One

Chapter One

"Ugh, what's wrong with you?! How many times do I have to tell you that this is magenta, not pink!"

"Well, how am I supposed to know? I'm a guy!"

"You're a son of Aphrodite! You're supposed to know this kind of stuff!"

That's how I woke up this morning, and probably how I woke up every day at summer.

I rubbed my eyes and instantly saw the photo of James Franco in front of me. It put a smile on my face, like it did every morning. I stretched my legs, which was kind of useless since my bunk was kind of small.

"Good morning, Bella. You're early today." Piper said while putting on her shoes.

Piper McLean was our cabin counselor, and she was an awesome one at that. Well, compared to Drew anyone could be awesome. She was Native American, and she had amazing eyes. Sometimes I wished I could be as pretty as she is.

"Well, that means the argument started pretty early today." I joked.

Piper smiled. "C'mon, get dressed and let's leave for breakfast."

"Nah, you can go ahead. I feel like taking a long shower, anyway." I replied.

Piper looked at me and nodded reluctantly. "See ya, then." And I watched her figure disappear out of the cabin to meet her boyfriend Jason.

Truthfully, I just didn't want her to wait any longer for me because I knew she liked being at the pavilion early. And I like to say I took a long time getting ready.

And you're probably saying that all Aphrodite kids take a second to get ready, since they all wake up beautiful and stuff. That's a lie in my part.

I woke up with a bird's nest for a hairstyle almost every morning. The only time I woke up beautiful was when I received my mother's blessing, the day after she claimed me.

I shook my head, remembering the scene two years ago. I remembered I was sad and disappointed because I came to Camp Half-Blood when I was twelve, and I didn't know my godly parent. No one had claimed me until I was thirteen. It turned out to be Aphrodite, and I got moved from the Hermes cabin to hers.

I kind of miss being in the Hermes cabin, even if it was a bit too packed inside then. Now, it wasn't that much anymore but still. Demigods who weren't claimed back then stayed in there. It was kind of sad, seeing some of them were never actually claimed.

The one good memory I had back at the Hermes cabin was when Connor Stoll had asked me to the fireworks show on the Fourth of July. I actually thought he had a crush on me -and then it turned out to be a dare. It crushed me to pieces, because I actually thought he was cute. But that's okay, the fireworks show that year made up for it.

After I put on my shoes, I glanced at myself in the mirror and cringed. My hair was a mess. I desperately tried to comb it with my fingers but it didn't work. I put on some grape scented lip balm and I shrugged my shoulders, figuring I was okay, and headed out with other campers.

I smelled the sweet scent of strawberries and knew it was going to be a good day. Capture The Flag was tonight, and I couldn't wait to try out the technique I had learned from Jason at swordsmanship class.

I smiled on the way to the Pavilion. I sat down and as soon as I did, I felt something hard hit my back.

"Ow!"I called out and turned around.

Of course. Who else would throw a pebble at my back? The Stoll brothers. I narrowed my eyes at Connor, since I knew Travis would never actually dare to do that to me since I had once put on permanent makeup on him.