( CHAPTER 11 )

"Kyra, let me come with you," Padmé begged as Kyra was ready to get into a speeder.

"I will be fine, Padmé," she insisted her worried sister.

"What if something goes wrong? If Anakin hurts you? I want to be there in case that happens and I can take you to get help. And the baby. . ." Padmé rambled, not taking her eye off of her sister.

"Fine," Kyra sighed and Padmé entered the speeder.

Kyra entered the speeder and sat herself down beside Padmé in the cockpit. Threepio was behind them, waiting rather patiently in the back.

She started up the speeder, closing the door. She lifted off of the landing port, rising into the air to join the Coruscant traffic.

When the speeder stopped at a red light, Kyra broke into tears. Padmé watched her sister with worry, and when the light switch to green, Padmé took over.

Halfway to the planet Mustafar, Kyra stopped crying. She focused on flying the speeder to the lava planet where Anakin said he would be.

Soon, they landed on the planet. Kyra shut off the speeder, and put her head in her hands. She thought over the evnta if the last few days. Anakin, the Jedi, the Jedi Temple. . . .

She exited the speeder, looking for the familiar form of Anakin. When she saw him, she ran for him, and he did the same. They met in the middle, holding each other in an embrace.

"Kyra, I saw your ship," Anakin breathed.

The two kissed.

"Oh, Anakin!" She didn't want to let tho.

"It's all right, you're safe now. What are you doing out here?" Anakin asked his pregnant wife, who was going to give birth any day now.

"I was so worried about you. Obi-Wan told me terrible things," Kyra spoke.

"What things?" Anakin asked.

"He said you have turned to the dark side . . . that you killed younglings," Kyra repeated what Obi-Wan had told her.

"Obi-Wan is trying to turn you against me," Anakin advised.

"He cares about us," Kyra stroked his cheek.

"Us?" Anakin asked, bewildered.

"He knows . . . He wants to help you," Kyra offered.

"Is Obi-Wan going to protect you? He can't. . .he can't help you. He's not strong enough," Anakin shook his head.

"Anakin, all I want is your love," Kyra replied!

"Love won't save you, Kyra. Only my new powers can do that," Anakin replied.

"At what cost? You are a good person. Don't do this," she pleaded.

"I won't lose you the way I lost my mother! I've become more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of and I've done it for you. To protect you," Anakin looked down to Kyra.