( CHAPTER 7 )

Kyra called out in pain. Obi-Wan was near her and softly speaked to her.

"Save your energy," Obi-Wan advised Kyra.

"I can't!" Kyra cried.

"Don't give up, Kyra. Don't give up. . ." Obi-Wan urged.

"You can do it, Kyra," the voice of Padmé arrived in the dream, but it was slightly muffled.

***

Anakin was in the living room, working. He sat on the couch where Obi-Wan had sat earlier that morning. Kyra entered and crossed behind him.

"I sense someone familiar . . . Obi-Wan's been here, hasn't he?" Anakin asked.

"He came by this morning," Kyra replied.

"What did he want?" Anakin asked.

Kyra looked at him for a moment. Anakin seemed tense.

"He's worried about you," Kyra said the truth.

"You told him about us, didn't you?" Anakin questioned.

She continued to walk to the bedroom, he followed.

"He's your best friend, Anakin. He says you're under a lot of stress," Kyra replied.

"And he's not?"

"You have been moody lately," Kyra shrugged.

"I'm not moody . . ." Anakin defended himself.

"Anakin! Don't do this again," groaned Kyra.

"I don't know. . . I feel. . . lost," Anakin looked to the floor as he leaned against the doorframe.

"Lost? What do you mean? You're always so sure of yourself. I don't understand," she stopped what she was doing to look at Anakin in confusion.

"Obi-Wan and the Council don't trust me," voiced Anakin.

"They trust you with their lives. Obi-Wan loves you as a son," Kyra reminded him.

"Something's happening . . . I'm not the Jedi I should be. I am one of the most powerful Jedi, but I'm not satisfied ... I want more, and I know I shouldn't," Anakin confessed to his wide.

"You expect too much of yourself," Kyra shook her head.

They stopped in front of the window in the bedroom. Anakin placed his hand on her swollen stomach.

"I have found a way to save you," Anakin looked down to he'd

"Save me?" Kyra asked.

"From my nightmares," Anakin answered her questions.

"Is that what's bothering you?" Kyra questioned.

"I won't lose you, Kyra," Anakin stated.

"I'm not going to die in childbirth, Ani. I promise you," Kyra assured him.

"No, I promise you! I am becoming so powerful with my new knowledge of the Force, I will be able to keep you from dying," insisted Anakin.

Kyra looked Anakin in the eye.

"You don't need more power, Anakin. I believe you can protect me against anything, just as you are," Kyra held his hands in hers.

They embraces and kiss.