( CHAPTER 10 )

Kyra didn't want to watch.

She couldn't seem to look away as she saw the Jedi Temple burn. She felt her sister beside her, a hand on her shoulder, watching in horror. The place that she had once called home was no gone, and a smoldering place of ash and flames.

On her mind was one person. One who had returned to the Jedi Temple not long before the disaster had happened in front of her.

Anakin.

She kept her hands on her stomach. She was getting closer to the time when she would deliver their child, and she wanted him there. She hoped it would be just another scare like when the Chancellor had been kidnapped by the Separatists.

Padmé quickly lead her sister away from the wreckage. Captain Typho waited inside, and don't say a word as Padmé lead her sister inside. Once they were both safely secure, he flew back to Kyra's apartment.

Once inside, Kyra sat on the couch, unmoving. Only hunched over in shock.

Threepio waited silently as the droid watched the two sisters. Threepio turned as the droid heard something land.

"Miss Skywalker, there's a Jedi fighter socking on the Veranda," Threepio commented, and Kyra looked up.

Anakin.

Kyra rushed onto the veranda as Anakin exited his green Jedi fighter. They embraced.

"Are you all right? I heard there was an attack on the Jedi Temple . . . you can see the smoke from here. I went down, and it was horrible," Kyra began

"I'm fine. I'm fine. I came to see if you and the baby are safe," Anakin pressed and hand against her stomach.

"Captain Typho's here, we're safe. So is Padmé. What's happening?" Kyra asked.

Threepio continued to talk to R2-D2 on the green fighter.

"What is going on?" The droid asked the other.

Artoo squeaked and beeped.

"You can't be anymore confused than I am," the droid expressed.

"The situation is not good. The Jedi have tried to overthrow the Republic . . ." Anakin informed his wide.

"I can't believe that!" Kyra was shocked at what she was hearing

"I couldn't either at first, but it's true. I saw Master Windu attempt to assassinate the Chancellor myself," Anakin recalled the events.

Threepio leaned over and whispered to Artoo.

"Something important is going on! I heard a rumor they are going to banish all droids," Threepio whispered to Artoo.

Artoo beeped rather loudly. Threepio put his fingers to his lips.

"Sh. . . not so loud," whispered Threepio.

Artoo beeped quietly.

"Whatever it is, we'll be the last to know," continues Threepio.