( CHAPTER 4 )

The next day, both Amidala sisters were in a bad mood. The news that the both were to turn to Naboo when Padmé hadn't finished her duties on Coruscant, and Kyra with her duties at the Jedi Temple. So it was no surprise that Kyra was easily snappy that day.

Padmé was discussing things with Jar Jar, since Kyra wasn't able to stand in.

She hurriedly folded away clothing, packing them into a suitcase. Anakin had stayed to wat her, while Dorme was with Padmé. Her freshly straightened hair was hotter than how she felt at the moment.

"I really don't like the idea of hiding," Kyra kept moving from closet to suitcase, then back again. Anakin merely watched.

"Don't worry. Now that the Council has ordered an investigation, it won't take Master Obi-Wan long to find that bounty hunter," Anakin assured thw brunette.

"Padmé did not work for a year to defeat the "Military Creation Act" not to be here when its fate is decided," Kyra sighed as she hurriedly folded a dress that Padmé had forced her to buy.

"Sometimes we have to let go of our pride and do what is requested of us," Anakin replied, catching Kyra off guard once more.

"Pride? Ani, you're young, and you don't have a very firm grip on politics. I suggest you reserve your opinions for some other time," Kyra shook her head. Her mind filled to the brim with information on recent events. She hadn't realized how rude she had been towards him.

"Sorry, M'lady. I was only trying to. . ." Anakin was going to speak, but Kyra had promptly cut him off.

"Ani! No!"

"Please don't call me that," Anakin asked.

"What?" Kyra tilted her head.

"Ani. . ." he replied.

"I've always called you that. . . it is your name, isn't it?" Kyra sounded confused as to why he didn't wish for her to call her ythe same name she had for years.

"It's Anakin. When you say Ani, it's like I'm still a little boy. . . and I'm not," Anakin frowned.

"I'm sorry, Anakin. It's impossible to deny you've. . ." Kyra looked him over, ". . . that you've grown up," Kyra smiled at Anakin, and he became a little shy.

"Master Obi-Wan manages not to see it. . ." Anakin breathed.

"Mentors have a way of seeing more of our faults than we would like. It's the only way we grow. Master Yoda, for example, when he took me on as a Padawan, he would often point them out, and help me correct them. Although, he did make me do a handstand to practice the force," Kyra stated, reminded of memories of her training with Yoda. It made the corner of Anakin's mouth twitch.

"Don't get me wrong. . . Obi-Wan is a great mentor. As wise as Master Yoda and as powerful as Master Windu. I am truly thankful to be his apprentice. Only. . . although I'm a Padawan learner, in some ways. . . a lot of ways. . . I'm ahead of him. I'm ready for the trials. I know I am! He knows it too. He believes I'm too unpredictable. . . Other Jedi my age have gone through the trials and made it. . . I know I started my training late.. . but he won't let me move on," Anakin released some of his pent up emotion to Kyra, who listened.