Chapter 49: Over Again

Hazel Starr

"You really don't deserve this, Hazel."

"Niall, is there something wrong?" I asked him. He was gripping the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles went white.

"I'm just thinking..." He mumbled.

"Pretty intensely, from what I can see."

"We can't do this anymore." he stated.

"Yeah, I guess we could give up Nandos, but it is your birthday, so-"

"Not about Nandos. I'm talking about our relationship."

My heart bet faster, "What do you mean? It's perfectly fine... Unless you're cheating on me, and you suddenly feel guilty and have the urge to fess up to it-" Niall cut me off again.

"Hazel, I can't be with you!" He made the car slam to a halt on the side of the road.

I closed my eyes tightly. "Why not? What did I do to deserve this?"

"Exactly, what did you do to deserve this life? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The fans, paparazzi, interviewers, photos, Internet. It all just became this big... thing, and it won't go away. It's not your fault, it's all mine, blame me." he huffed, "You can't even go out in public without someone wanting a photo or questions answered. Like I said, you don't deserve this. I don't deserve you. You need someone who can actually be around to help you, especially when your crazy dad comes around to kidnap you." He started driving again, in the direction of my house.

"Stupid potato..." I whispered under my breath. I couldn't believe what I was hearing from his mouth. It was insane. How could he just break up with me after months?

"No need for the costume reminder..." he shook his head.

"Did you use me for five months or something? It seems like it." I stated.

"Why would I use you?"

"Why do you act like you don't care?"

"Because I don't want to care. I can't be around, I don't even know why I thought I could. I don't want to like you, love you, or even know you. Why? Because all of that makes it hurt more than it already does." He answered.

"Why do you give up so easily, Niall?"

"Why don't you?"

"Because I love you. Why can't you just accept that? I don't care about the paparazzi, or what the fans think. You're the only one that does."

"I'm doing this for you, Hazel. Why can't you just accept that?" He said.

"Stop the car." I declared.

"No, I'm taking you home." he kept driving.

"No, like said, stop the car."

"Like I said, I'm taking you ho-" I pushed the steering wheel, making the car swerve to the right a bit.

"Hazel, you could have killed us!" he finally stopped the car.

"You just broke my heart, what's the difference?" I stepped out of the car with my handbag, carrot costume suited up, and started walking. Not in the direction of my house, but the opposite.

"Hazel, where are you going? I need to make sure you get home safe." he got out of his car.

"Why? You made it pretty clear just now, that you don't care about me." I carried on walking.

"I do! I just- I can't stop caring for you, no matter how hard a try. It seems impossible..." he sadly said.

I turned around, "Well, easy decision here, Niall, do you want me or not? You're just confusing now."