Chapter 39: The Date #2

Dedication to melovesfood, for always being so nice!

Chapter 39:

Kat's POV.

I can't believe it.

Zayn Malik saved my life.

This day is so different from normal ones.

So much has happened.

First- I was asked out by the hottest and sweetest guy in my year.

Second- I called Liam 'Mail' for some reason.

Third- I admitted to Zayn that I couldn't swim, and had a heart-to-heart talk about it.

Fourth- I fell into the pool.

Fifth- I saw my dead dad, that told me to hold on. He's the reason I didn't let go.

Sixth- I nearly drowned.

Seventh- Zayn saved my life.

Eighth- Zayn Malik gave me mouth-to-mouth...

Ninth- Harry wasn't here to help me. I still don't even know where he is.

Where am I? Its completely black, but I can here voices around me. That's kinda why I know it was Zayn that saved me.

Or am I dead, and just hearing things?

Wait... I still can't explain what happened with Dad. He's dead. It can't have been a ghost, could it?

A spirit? An angel? My imagination?

No... That experience seemed so real...

I can't really remember what happened; it's kind of a blur. I remember his face; his brown eyes staring back at me... They looked so alive.

"When do you think she'll wake up?" I heard Louis speak, but he sounded a mile away.

"I'm not sure. Maybe we should try to wake her?" Niall suggested.

I'm awake, hello? Geez. Oh wait, maybe I'm not.

"Well, she's passed out. I don't think it'll be a great idea to wake her. We'll wait until she wakes up naturally, so we don't disturb her." I heard Liam say this time.

My eyes fluttered open. Concerned eyes surrounded me.

"Kat! I'm glad you're alive!" Hazel hugged me.

"Thanks to Zayn, right?" I asked, making sure it was actually him.

"Oh, it was nothing. Anyone would have done it." Zayn looked shyly at his feet.

"But you can't even swim. You could have died trying to save me."

"It would have been worth it." He shrugged.

I got up and gave him a big hug. "You're my hero. You know that right?" I whispered in his ear, so only he could hear.

As we pulled away, he stared in to my eyes and gave me a sweet smile.

Suddenly, Harry bursted into the door, "Kat! I'm here! I'm here! Where are you, Kitten?!"

"Harry! I didn't tell you to drop everything and come." Niall said.

"I'd do anything for Kat." Harry walked over to me, right past Zayn, and gave me the biggest hug I've ever had.

"Are you okay?" he said, still giving me a warm embrace. He sounded like he was on the verge of crying.

"I'm fine. All thanks to Zayn. He saved my life- twice." I answered.

"Twice?" He finally pulled away.