Chapter 20

P/S: I'M SERIOUSLY OUT OF IDEA. sorry for no updates, enjoy <3

Peter P.O.V

Comfortably I was trying to focus on taking a power nap to let all the negative thinking away and welcome the positive ones but turned out it didn't work out at all. I kept imagining my present life as a Muslim, and my future wife. 

I did imagine my future wife as Aisha', I imagined living with her, studying Islam with her, raising kids with her and---learning to love people. 

I wanted the best for us. 

But, little did I know, she didn't deserve me.

She was way too pious and religious that she needed the same type like her to be the one. 

And little did I know that, it wasn't me. 

***

"Peter, wake up." Whispers echoed my ears as I opened my eyes and saw a beautiful face straight up on my head. "Hannah." I huskily called out before continuing, "What are you doing here?" 

"Hey, are you okay or nah? Today's a special day, it's our engagement day!" She whisper-screamed on my ear with that annoying expression on her face. "Huh," I frowned, 

WHAT THE H***

"I'm sure you took note that your engagement with Hanna is going to be held in two weeks,"

Okay. I calmed myself but I was positive my eyes were widening and my jaw fell the moment she mentioned it. "Oh,  huh, yeah, I'm kinda dizzy, sorry," I apologised before getting out from the bed and headed straight to shower. 

"Peter," She called out as I turned back to her, 

"You still love me, right..?" 

I looked at her; searching in her eyes. She was beautiful, and deep down from her heart, I knew she truly loved me. And I was---too. But I had this new connection between something I barely knew, and tried my best to study it; Islam. I've fallen in love with its beauty. 

I didn't reply, instead giving her the best of my smile. 

***

I was at my room, with this white t-shirt on my body. I looked at the reflection on the mirror as I heard the noisy echoed my house from the downstairs. 

Today was the day. 

Today was the day I would decide my final decision. 

It was hard enough when there was a connection between both families, all those businesses and politics, and I was the one who needed to hold the responsibility of the beginning. 

If I ran away from all these, both families will be died out of shame, when the past stories were brought up. 

In instance, I was the one everyone relied on. It was all up to me whether I would tie the bond or willed to run away for the sake of myself. 

I was brought down back to Earth when someone knocked my door, "Knock, knock," 

"Yeah," I lazily walked to the door and opened it revealing Hannah at the door. "What's up?" I asked. "Erm, let's have a breakfast first before the engagement starts." She shyly smiled. Flatly I said, "10 minutes, inshaAllah." 

She nodded before turning back as I closed the door but a second then, the door opened revealing the same arrival again. "What?" I was kinda surprised with her sudden action. "What did you just say?" 

"10 minutes..?" I arched my eyebrow.

"No, no, that last sentence." Her voice rose. 

"Minutes?" I arched both of my eyebrows. 

"It's not the time to make fun, Peter," She angrily claimed. 

Ah yeah. I blurt out InshaAllah just now. 

I tried to make an unreadable stone face but it ended up failing.

"What are you?" Her voice rose up, and I was there; speechless. 

Turned out, we built this comfortable silence between each other. "You know what, you're so different now." She emphasised the 'so' as she turned away leaving me alone in the room. 

Big realisation hit me. I've made my decision. 

With that, I opened my window and escaped to the true path.