Chapter 14

Assalammualaykum everyone! Yay got holiday for two weeks 😌 sorry, no updates for a long time. If you still don't know of my absent, take a look on my profile, I posted the reason there.

Thank you so much for 900+ reads. I appreciate any of you reading *muah*

So here is an announcement, once this story reaches 1K++ reads, a new story follows up! Yeahh.

Islamic story, of course but I won't tell you how the plot is smirk*

But sadly, maybe I won't be active like before because ya know, school. 😥 school is actually the reason why I am hiatus and my stories are on hold.

So the updates of my stories will be up every holidays (based on my country) and once a month. (At the end of month) InshaAllah.

Please, keep on waiting for me and do support me so I'll give all my effort and sacrificing my time to update the stories.

Anyways, do check out my blog, https://thathijabireads.wordpress.com/ 

I just created it today :)

Jazakumullahu khayran khatseeran, beautiful people ♡

***

Aisha P.O.V

I woke up to the familiar sound of my alarm I heard every morning. Somehow I felt dizzy and sore, my head was heavier than before. I jumped off my bed, heading to the the shower. A moment then, I realised today was a work day. How lazy. 

As I was done performing fajr prayer, I put on a black dress along with a white scarf which had polkadot on it. I tied on a black niqab before heading downstairs with some files and my hand bag. I searched for Ummi in the kitchen but I didn't see any of her signs. I walked back and forth, searching for her in the kitchen.. oh, maybe in her room. She was on her menses, that was why she woke up late. I then walked upstairs and headed straight to her room. 

"Ummi?" I knocked as I called for her. No voice responded. "Ummi?" For the second time, I called again. I heaved a sigh before stepping inside, revealing a figure on bed, sleeping. I sighed in relief. I was so scared, thinking maybe she was kidnapped or something. I moved toward her, shaking slightly on her shoulder. "Ummi, I'm going to work, take care. Love you." I whispered on her ear quietly as I kissed her forehead and leaving her alone sleeping in the room. 

***

I started my car, waited for minutes to cool it down. I relaxed myself with the holy verses recited by a famous reciter, Mishary Rashid Alafasy. When I tried to clear my mind and insert it with some positive thoughts and vibes, the scene yesterday slowly waving in my mind. Peter.

I heaved a long sigh before began to drive. 

Why him? 

Why must Peter Feterson, a son to a powerful family interrupt my life? 

Instead of thinking about him deeper, I shoved away the thoughts and listened to the holy verses attentively. 

As I arrived, I went to my new place, which was very near to his. I glanced over his room before taking a seat on my sit but then, a voice greeted me, "Are you Aisha' Ahmed?" I turned to see who, and turned out it was a girl, maybe on my age but taller than me. She was so pretty and I assumed she was a model but I just didn't know. She wore a black dress revealing her bare legs and almost of her breasts. Well, such an obvious dress. . .

"Yes." I simply replied. She didn't respond instead she was sighing. "Do you know me?" She asked, arching an eyebrow. "No." I stared her, my heart was thumping nervously. "Do you know Peter Feterson?" She questioned after a while. Okay, I admit this question was so hard to answer. Even harder than Maths. 

I let silence built between us for a moment. As I opened my mouth to answer what I've decided, a raspy voice interrupted us, "Hanna." I turned and saw Ian- the interview guy -and him, Peter. "What are you doing here?" Peter asked, making a face. When she was about to reply, he continued, "I think you remember I fired you two days ago." 

"Peter, is this you?" She said breathlessly before moving close to them. "Yeah, I'm Peter Feters---" She cut him off by kissing him, in the mouth. I stood there in silent, surprised of what I was looking right now. Her hands then moved to his arms, pulling him more into her.

And to my surprise, Peter kissed her back. 

I immediately turned my gaze away as I saw Ian seemed uncomfortable with the situation. Thanked Allah, there were just us during the whole situation. I took a final glance and wow, they seemed to enjoying the kiss. I felt tears burned my eyes but I tried to hold back. No, please Aisha' no. 

I wasn't crying because of jealousy. 

I wasn't crying because of Peter. 

I was crying because of myself.

I trusted him too much. 

I trusted his pointless words. 

I trusted his meaningless promise. 

What kind of girl was I? 

I made a sound from my throat before taking a seat and began to do my work. 

I'd never dare to look at them after. I just heard sounds of gasps, maybe Peter pushed him aside. Then I heard sorry from that girl and footsteps leaving. I just focused on my computer screen even though it only showed the blank screen. 

My stomach grumbled in hungry. Oh, I didn't breakfast just now. 

"Aisha," That was all I heard before leaving the room to the cafe. 

Food was all I need that moment. 

***

I chose cheese toasts and milk as my breakfast meals this morning. My mind kept repeating the scene of Peter and her kissing. I shoved it away many times but it kept coming and I felt tired with all of these. I couldn't even concentrate on my work and I felt the distant between me and Allah became far. This was all his fault. I should've ignore him. 

I felt tears sprang on my eyes. I remembered my mom telling me, "Do you know a secret to let sadness go? Just cry." 

And I cried to let the sadness drifted away. In the cafe, alone, I cried as long as I wanted.