Chapter 19

P/S: This is just a story. I created this whole thing so dont get deceived by it. It's not even real especially this whole doctor thing. Remember, its just a fiction. (bcs i just typed whatever i had in my mind which is not logical at all.) 

Aisha P.O.V

Ummi still hasn't woke up. It had been a week since Ummi laid down on the bed, breathlessly and pale. The sound of heartbeat from the machine still beating but somehow it made me nervous. What if it stopped from working? No, I was positive Ummi still could live with the power of dua. 

I sat at the couch with eyes tear up. Looking around, my thoughts lingering in my mind. I was so afraid of losing her but what could I do? Miserably I took out my phone and scrolled down the contacts. 

I have no such friends. Yasmeen, Peter, Jade, Khadijah, Amira, Amani, Husna and Ummi. That was all. I haven't informed my friends about Ummi. I prefer a secret life than too-opened. 

I felt so tired lately. Maybe I had been thinking too much till bags under my eyes were so obvious. I didn't get too much sleep and all I did was thinking, thinking and thinking. 

I should've gotten some sleep. I moved to sit next to my mom and rested my head in my arms. I took Ummi's hand and put mine in hers. I closed my eyes while recalling my happy memories with my mom, 

my dad, 

Yasmeen,

The usrah group,

and . . Peter.

And that, I drifted away from this world and let darkness consumed me. 

***

I woke up to the gesture on my hand. 

I opened my eyes when a hand grabbed my other hand. I looked and saw Ummi with eyes blinking, hands moving. My jaw fell as I quickly got up and called for doctor. I came back and hugged her tightly while my mouth never stopped from saying Alhamdhulillah. I felt tears coming out and my smile widened each time I saw Ummi had finally woke up. 

After the doctor had checked on her, he called me up to his room. 

I followed him behind slowly till we arrived to his room. 

"Sit." 

I nodded and took a seat opposite him. 

"So, as you see, she has woken up." He sighed. He should have been happy, right? 

"Yeah." Tone of happiness heard from me. How could I do, I can't hide my happiness. 

"For you, it is a good news that you want to jump and pray whatsoever pray to perform your gratitude. But relax, don't get too excited or else you may be despair very soon. For the doctors, we know some signs. We learnt. And that sign has been identified from how your mother doing. She waking up is not such a good news but instead, a really bad news. When she's got only 40% of her chance to live, she's supposed to die in less than 2 weeks because the machine can't support her but it turns out, she lives. She manages to live."

That was a power of dua. But the words didn't come out from my mouth. 

He continued, "So when she manages to live, it's a sign of another cancer. This is truly an advanced case. In which we doctors are trying to investigate and observe. Mrs. Ahmed needs an intensive treatment from now on. And chance for her to live isn't 40% anymore nor is it increases to 50% above. She only has 20% of her chance to live which she is assumed to die less than 2 weeks." 

2 weeks? 

"H-how?" 

"What do you mean by how?"

"How can another cancer. . .-" 

"That's what we are trying to investigate."

"But if she wakes up then it's a good sign, what is this? You're lying!" I screamed. 

The doctor looked pressured as he said, "Try to make some sense. How could a lung when it has no such space left and in all of sudden, it can accommodate more air? Like how? The air has been compressed into the whole lung and at one time it can accommodate more? Make some sense. There might be some leakage or something we dont know."

I shut my mouth. 

After a while, I asked quietly,

"This can be treated right?"

He didn't reply. 

Silence did.