Chapter 17

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Salam, Mr. Grey has been published! Check out for the story now! 

I'm sure you guys will like it, inshaAllah :)

Don't forget to vote, comment and share! And do follow me for story updates and announcements. Jazakallahu khayran khatseeran <3

Ramadan Kareem, xx :)

Aisha P.O.V

I looked at the pale Ummi. She was so beautiful, lucky Baba to marry her. I squeezed her cold hand as I spoke, "Wake up, please. I miss you." 

Tears flowed down as I rested my head on the bed side while holding Ummi's hand. 

Afterwards, I felt my eyes were heavy before darkness mastering me. 

I was at a spacious garden. I found myself laid on the grass, eyes straight looking to the sky. I was wearing all-white, along with my niqab

I then tried to stand up but kept on falling. I saw a guy, in all-white too, stood 2 metres away from me. I shouted for help, and the guy  turned to me. 

It was . . Peter. 

I frowned and Peter was slowly walking to me. I was afraid, and attempting to stand again and that moment, I succeeded. As I began to run, a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a hug. 

"Aisha', you're mine." 

I screamed and pushed him; hard. I ran away and stumbled into a woman. I looked at her, and.. 

"Ummi?" 

Ummi flashed a sad smile before spoke, 

"Be the best Muslimah you could be."

Then I heard a sound of trigger pulled. 

"Bang!" 

Ummi was laid dead in front of me.

"Allah!" I spit out as I woke, looking back and forth. It was the hospital room. I looked at Ummi, still in a poor condition but the machine still showed the heartbeats. I heaved a relief sigh and got up to pray. 

I checked my phone first and realised it was a work day and I was late for work. 

There were 5 missed calls from Peter and one from Ian. My mind suddenly flashed a scene of Peter hugging me in the dream. "Ah, just some shaytan trying to distract me." I ranted. 

I immediately performed my prayer before decided to inform Peter. 

As I was done, I grabbed my phone back and dialled Peter. 

"Hey, Aisha'. Where are you? Get here no--" I cut him off, "My mom is sick. She's in the hospital now. I have to wait for here so I want your permission. I forgot to tell you yesterday." I said quietly. 

"What? Mrs. Ahmed is in the hospital now? Why? Which hospital? Since when?" 

Automatically, my lips pulled into a smile. Those questions were too many to be answered at the same time. I hesitated to tell him at first but he was my boss after all, and Ummi knew him. "Yesterday, when I was looking for her, I saw her passed out on the floor. So I brought her to the hospital. She had a surgery and the doctor said, s-she is diagnosed to have lung cancer." I exhaled. 

"W-what? Lung cancer? Oh God, which hospital? I'm going to visit you right now." As I was about to reply, he hung up. 

Did he know which? I  pressed my lips and sat on the couch provided. I stared my mom deeply. I loved her so much. And I knew, she was struggling hard to live because she loved me too. But then I realised, Allah loved me more than Ummi loved me. 

I exhaled and got up to eat in the cafe but then, the door opened, revealing a tall and . . handsome man. Peter? How fast?

I frowned, asking, "How come you know which hospital?" 

He smirked for a second and walked inside as he took a seat next to Ummi's bed. "My secret." 

"How's she?" He asked, looking sympathy. I looked at Ummi and replied, "Like yesterday. Pale, cold and eyes closed." 

Tears began sprang on my eyes. 

A moment of silence passed. 

He shouldn't be here. Alone, with me. 

"Don't you have work?" I asked quietly. "No, didn't I pass you all my work?" He smiled. 

I looked away and began to walk out. 

"Wait, where are you going?" He called for me. "To the cafe." I answered instantly and headed out quickly. 

"Aisha, wait," I stopped and turned to him. "What?" 

"The best Muslim is the one who treats the guests well." He was out of breath as he was running for me. 

How on Earth can he know that? 

"Could you please stop follow me?" I hissed. "But here, I am not your boss. I am your guest. Treat me well, sis." He raised his hands as I rolled my eyes. 

"C'mon, I'll treat you." He said after a while. "What? Are you serious?" I exclaimed happily. 

"Yeah, yeah." 

***

"I want chicken sandwich and strawberry smoothie." I said to the waitress. She then turned to Peter with a flirty way. "What about you?" She smiled in a flirty way as she bowed a little, showing off her huge breasts. I glanced over Peter, who was looking at her breasts. I felt annoyed and rolled my eyes. 

"Blueberry pancakes and apple juice." He smiled as he clicked his tongue. Oh Allah, this man. 

The waitress then went away after she winked to him. "Done flirting?" I said sarcastically. "Ah, jealous?" He grinned. 

"No for eternity." I looked away. 

Minutes passed and we both were silent. He just played his phone and I was kind of sleepy, so I was sputtered around. "If you are sleepy, then you can just go to the room back. I will bring the food there. It's funny seeing you like this, sleepyhead." He laughed as I rolled my eyes. 

"Are you sure?" 

"You need some rest. Go on, I'll bring the food." He smiled. 

I nodded and got up before started to walk. 

I looked back to Peter and he was staring at me. I ignored him and walked faster to the room. 

Why's he so kind today with all the smiles?