Chapter 3

I looked up to my mom and accepted the phone call.

It was unknown; a private number.

I frowned, and a man's voice said, "Is this Aisha'?" I never ever befriended with men nor boys so who was this stranger guy?

Like serious talk though, I never talked to any boys before.. Wallah! The interview man?

"Hello? Are you there?"

That voice brought me down to Earth.

"Y-yes, this is Aisha'." I said in a soft tone. I was so used to my voice that I had this characteristic which was shyness.

"You need to be here in 30 minutes. Be hurry and do cooperate." The man firmly said.

"O-okay. InshaAllah." I replied, had no idea what was going on. I thought I was going to start the following day?

I ended the call.

"What's the matter? Who was it?" My mom asked

"I don't know. It's from my work." I bit my bottom lip. I didn't want to to go! "I need to go there now, MashaAllah." I glanced over my mom, she was nodding in agreement.

I then left the dining room and barged my room. I took my abaya and also niqab. I tied it on quickly.

I took my hand bag and my car key before leaving my messy room.

"See you later, Ummi. Assalamualaykum." I took my mother's hand and kissed it gently. My mother nodded and that was all I see after I left the house.

I drove over to the building. It was already twilight and I felt goosebumps on me.

Duh, who wasn't scared alone in the dark?

I parked my car and get it off. My iPhone vibrated again,

The same number again.

I accepted it while my steps are rushing to the office.

"Where are you??!"

The interview man.

"I'll be there in a minute." I replied calmly.

"Be hurry or else you're fired."

The phone call ended.

Strengthen me oh Allah.

As I arrived there, the staffs were looking at me. Some were really shocked; maybe because of my niqab..? And some were looking with disgust.

Then, there stood the interview man.

"Gosh, terrorist, why are you so so late?" His voice rose up.

Terrorist.

"Terrorists have no religion. Bear that in mind." I coldly said.

"D**& it. Shut up and follow me."

He stepped ahead and I followed.

"Peter asked me to tour you." He said in disgust before continuing, "Don't thank me. I was forced." He gave me a look.

I didn't reply anything.

He showed me one by one of the rooms and offices in the building. I didn't give me any words. My voice was my aurah.

A really huge office was a final stop.

"And, this is Mr. Peter Feterson's room, the CEO." He proudly said as if it was his room.

I made a look and thankfully he didn't see it. Thank my niqab.

He opened the room as he said, "He wants to see you. I warn you to not make he mad. He is such a lion."

I nodded.

A man, with all suit up, was sitting at the sofa. He was watching the television and not even bothered to see us; the arrival. His back facing us, so I didn't know how his face looked like.

"Man, whats up. Here's the stupid madwoman you wanna see." He glanced over me.

My gaze lowered.

A silence for a moment until I heard footsteps.

"So you're Aisha' Ahmed?" The way he said my name made me goosebumps.

"Yes." I replied.

I looked to my side which there was the interview man but he was out from my sight.

"Ian isn't here. I know he's rude."

I relieved. Wallah, he was so rude.

I just nodded, eyeing to the floor.

"Look at me, Aisha'. I want you to listen to me carefully."

I nodded again.

"But now, sit." He tapped on the sofa. Allah! How could I sit next to him?

"I'm just going to stand." I said.

"You can sit over there." He pointed at the sofa opposite him.

Well, the distance was great so I made myself sitting onto the sofa he pointed.

I looked at him for the first ever time that my jaw dropped.

He was.. so adorable. Hot.

His angular cheekbones were on the fleek, his well-curved lips and his skin tone which matched him a lot made me goosebumps, again.

"Now, good. You have a look at me." I realised it and took my eyes away from him.

"Listen, you are good enough in everything and I trust you. I am hoping that you can befriend with others even if they call you terrorist and you know," He arched an eyebrow.

"You're so lucky. You're a true muslim and I respect you." He bowed a little.

My eyes widened, never expecting any of these.

Alhamdhulillah Allah.

I can't thank You enough.

Tears sprang on my eyes.

"Thank y-you, sir." I was so happy.

"You may leave now."

I quickly stormed out the room with happiness.