Chapter 12

Assalammu Alaykum, everyone :)

Now, I only can update this story every weekends. So, stay tuned and don't forget to read Quran :) 

***

MRS. AHMED P.O.V (basically Aisha's Mom)

I tip-toed a little to grab the soy sauce on the cabinet but turned out, I didn't grab any. Where did I put it? I sighed, thinking about my disease becoming serious day by day. I moved to take a seat near the counter as I heard Aisha's voice echoing the house. "Assalammu Alaykum!" She greeted me with a huge grin and I smiled to her back. 

"What's up?" I arched an eyebrow. She looked so happy tonight, glad I told her to go to the celebration. She tied off the niqab and took a seat next to me. "Ummi, want to know something?" She flashed a smile. "What? You seem so happy, what's up, baby girl?"

"I don't know, I just, I'm so happy. Someone confessed to me." I frowned. "Confess what? If it's about love, crush and all that, tell that g--" She cut me off, "No, it's Peter." 

As soon as I heard the name, I could tell what this all about. I smiled and pretending to not know, I said, "What's with Peter?" She pressed her lips into a thin line as she replied, "He confessed that he wanted to know more about Islam, reverting himself into our deen." 

I just smiled and nodded. "He asked for my help. And I don't know whether I should help or nah." She was just eyeing to the floor, face frowning. "You should. It's a soon-revert, right? Set him up with the brothers meeting." I said, pointing out to some suggestions. "Right, but... he is a man." She responded. A guilty face seemed to be appeared on her face. "Allah knows. Care your ikhtilat. You know the limits, right?" I patted her back. She nodded her head as her face made a look; alerting something. "Oh, I have to take a shower. I smell bad, to be honest." She flashed a quick smile as ran away straight away upstairs. 

I watched her gone; shoving away the deep thoughts in my head. 

Aisha's P.O.V

I told my mom about Peter. And she suggested me to help him. But really, he was still a non-muhreem man? O Allah, this was so confusing.

I took a bath, wiped away the scary imaginations and thoughts from my mind. What ifs literally ripped my head out of me. Who even knew if Peter lied to me? Using me? This actually scared a lot. Why did I accept to do?

AISHA. No, you had to help him. He cried, wasn't he? I even saw the tears flowing down his cheeks. If he lied, Allah will punish him. I knew. I rinsed my body till I really felt the freshness. I walked off the shower case with water dripping from my hair off to my bare body. I looked to see my reflection on the mirror. 

Be strong, Allah is with you. 

***

I woke up with my alarm snoozed. It was 5 in the morning, I had to take a bath before performing fajr prayer. I remembered asking the akh for the meeting and Alhamdulillah, they were available today. My task now was only to tell Peter. 

***

Done with bathing, I performed the Fajr prayer. I felt the burden inside me gone when I perform the prayer. Thanked Allah. 

I folded the prayer mat before changing up my clothes. I chose a plain loose black abaya along with a black hijab and black niqab. Black day, why not? As I was done with my outfit, I grabbed the files and my handbag before running downstairs. 

I walked in the kitchen and my mom was cooking something I couldn't resist it smells."Ummi, what re you doing? It smells good." I smiled, curving my eyes. "Nah, just some cheese toast." I heard her giggling. Yeah, whenever I compliment her something, she would giggle for God's sake. That was my gorgeous Ummi.